Volume decrease after updating to firmware v7

Dolphin79

Hello,
I recently updated to firmware v7 and now I have a pretty substantial drop in volume. I have a simple setup, I just have Mackie monitors into output one of the Axe III. I tried using multiple factory presets at there default settings which is all I ever use since I'm not a tweaker and don't have enough time to try to be one. I've also plugged in 3 different guitars and still the same volume loss. I plug into the front instrument jack of the AxeFx and I have to have the "Output 1" level on the AxeFx all the way up to have the same volume I had when it was on halfway prior to the firmware update. Since updating to firmware 7, this is the first time I have had volume issues with this amazing unit. I first updated to firmware 7 via the Fractal-Bot then to try to figure out what the issue might be I tried downloading the firmware from the Fractal site and installed that 'over' the other firmware. I still have the same volume issue. Is anybody else having this issue and if so how were you able to remedy it if you were able to and if nobody has had this issue can anyone give me any suggestions on what could be causing this volume issue. Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Perhaps you changed the output level to -10 dBV where it may have been +4 dBu before.

Perhaps you changed the output level to -10 dBV where it may have been +4 dBu before.
Thank you for the fast reply and forgive my ignorance but which output level? I never touched any of the controls in any of the presets. I only use their default settings. The only control I touched was the Output 1 level knob on the unit itself. I have to keep it at full volume to match what I had it on at half volume.

Thanks so much! I first tried the downgrade and the volume was still low. I then reinstalled firmware v7 and went into the setup menu (for the first time) and you were right. The output level was set to -10dBV. Is it set that way by default? I have never been in the setup menu to change anything until now. I changed it to +4dBu and the volume came back. One last question, the USB 1/2 Input Level is set to -40dB. Is this what it should be set at? Thank you.

I had the same. Downgaded to 6.04 and back up to 7.0 and now things are back to normal, I think.
If you are still having volume issues see if your output level is set correctly for your setup as Cliff suggested to me in the Setup menu under I/O.

Thanks so much! I first tried the downgrade and the volume was still low. I then reinstalled firmware v7 and went into the setup menu (for the first time) and you were right. The output level was set to -10dBV. Is it set that way by default? I have never been in the setup menu to change anything until now. I changed it to +4dBu and the volume came back. One last question, the USB 1/2 Input Level is set to -40dB. Is this what it should be set at? Thank you.
Yes, -10dBV is the default. Here is a link regarding the USB level: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/low-or-no-usb-computer-input.145133/

Back
Top Bottom