Volume control button midi

Harm

Experienced
Hi all,

Let me keep this short. I know there are options that I can programme this in the axe, BUT: I now use a midi cc pedal (boss fv500) to control volume out of the axe. The wheel on the side of the pedal gives me the ability to change the rhythm volume (toe up) to lead volume (toe down). Very easy to change things even between songs on stage. I’d like to know if there is a pedal that does this. I imagine a button and a rotating wheel on a pedal.
I’m just curious and it would be nice if that would give me some extra room on my pedalboard.

Thanks in advance.

Harm

Hi all,

Let me keep this short. I know there are options that I can programme this in the axe, BUT: I now use a midi cc pedal (boss fv500) to control volume out of the axe. The wheel on the side of the pedal gives me the ability to change the rhythm volume (toe up) to lead volume (toe down). Very easy to change things even between songs on stage. I’d like to know if there is a pedal that does this. I imagine a button and a rotating wheel on a pedal.
I’m just curious and it would be nice if that would give me some extra room on my pedalboard.

Thanks in advance.

Harm
Have a look at the EHX control knob static expression pedal, might be just what you’re looking for.

Have a look at the EHX control knob static expression pedal, might be just what you’re looking for.

I checked and yes that is exactly what I need. Downside is that it needs power. Now I have one cable between the axe and the board and all midi. Any chance it works unpowered too except for the led lights maybe?

Harm

Even though all the power does is light the light, you could easily add a 9 volt battery that would power the light if you really rely on the light. Not rocket science. If you aren't comfortable doing it, have a buddy who screws around with electronics do it for a beer.

Or not... :)

Joe

Even though all the power does is light the light, you could easily add a 9 volt battery that would power the light if you really rely on the light. Not rocket science. If you aren't comfortable doing it, have a buddy who screws around with electronics do it for a beer.

Or not... :)

Joe
Awesome man. I’ll take a look and see if I need it. You are in the states though I think and I am in holland. I spoke to a guy once who said he was able to power a wah from a 7pin midi. To be more precise: this way the midi cable powered the midi controller as well as the wah.

Back
Top Bottom