Volume boost

PRS Guy

Inspired
Instead of using an EQ block for a lead boost....is there a way to globally create a volume boost block using a switch that is available to every preset? Is the EQ the only way to do this?

you can also use a Filter block as a boost. more people use that as it's very low CPU usage. set the Level of the block to whatever you want, and you can filter some things if you want to as well.

as far as global, there's no truly global way that i know of yet, but if you put that Filter (or EQ) block in every preset, then you can set a Footswitch as Global and assign it to Filter (or EQ).

so yes, footswitch can be global, but you must still put the block in each preset manually. that's the best i've figured out so far.

Like Chris says, I put a filter block as the very last think in my signal chain set for a 3db boost. Been doing it in all my presets for years. Some people use it before the amp to drive the preamp harder. The filter Block set this way only uses 2% CPU in the AX8.

you can also use a Filter block as a boost. more people use that as it's very low CPU usage. set the Level of the block to whatever you want, and you can filter some things if you want to as well.

as far as global, there's no truly global way that i know of yet, but if you put that Filter (or EQ) block in every preset, then you can set a Footswitch as Global and assign it to Filter (or EQ).

so yes, footswitch can be global, but you must still put the block in each preset manually. that's the best i've figured out so far.

What if you have two filters (or eqs) in one preset? Which does your global footswitch go to?

I use the Boss fv pedals. They have a way to adjust the minimum level. Hook it up to control global output volume. When you calibrate the pedal you set the minimum go off. Then once you've configured it as the global volume controller you can raise the minimum value. So with the pedal all the way back you are at your minimum/rhythm volume and when you push it forward you get your solo boost. I use the same approach with tube amps - I just run the pedal in the loop.

That's what you get for using a Boss...imprudent indeed! :D
I use volume pedals too. Total control of volume at all times...don't know why more people don't use them.
Those Boss pedals will last forever. I have a couple of the older 300 volume pedals that I bought in high school that still work perfectly - they're over 30 years old.

I'm sure they're fine...I was making a funny with your use of "imprudence"...
I hate having to explain my jokes. :(

Back
Top Bottom