Volume boost in live setting

I have a video showing a few methods with the MFC. Link to my blog in my signature below.

Nice video Chris! Using the "Mattmans method", is there a way to assign a modifier to the Out1/Out2 level that can be controlled by an external expression (volume) pedal, instead of an "on/off" switch?

yes. matman's trick was specifically to give a on/off switch instead of a pedal.

my video shows how by default, the MFC XP 1 is already controlling Output 1 volume (CC#10). if you changed things, to get it back there watch my first method in the video with the volume block where i attach the modifier to External 1 (CC # 16) just have your expression pedal control CC#10 or 11 (out1 or out2). you will be turning down your reverb and delay trails too though.

if you want the same pedal to control both out1 and out2, i'd suggest changing out2 CC# to 10 as well in the Axe's I/O Control screen. so both out1 and out2 will use CC#10 and assign the pedal to #10 as well. (i don't usually recommend changing the Axe Control page settings, but it's the only way to accomplish this task.)

yes. matman's trick was specifically to give a on/off switch instead of a pedal.

my video shows how by default, the MFC XP 1 is already controlling Output 1 volume (CC#10). if you changed things, to get it back there watch my first method in the video with the volume block where i attach the modifier to External 1 (CC # 16) just have your expression pedal control CC#10 or 11 (out1 or out2). you will be turning down your reverb and delay trails too though.

if you want the same pedal to control both out1 and out2, i'd suggest changing out2 CC# to 10 as well in the Axe's I/O Control screen. so both out1 and out2 will use CC#10 and assign the pedal to #10 as well. (i don't usually recommend changing the Axe Control page settings, but it's the only way to accomplish this task.)

Very cool, I'll try it. Thank you, sir!

I use a GEQ block at the very end. I boost the mids and increase the volume about 2db. I used to use the null filter block and bumped it 3 db but I found I have to increase the volume less when I boost the mids. And the GEQ method causes the solo to cut through a mix much nicer and doesn't just blast more volume at the crowd.

I've been using a filter block, but I want to try this for the show we're doing tomorrow night. I won't have a chance to play with the band before doing so and was wondering how much your boosting. I saw that you boost 250, 500 and 1k, but how much?

I use three different methods, depending on what I want to achieve:
1. Peaking filter adding a 4 to 6dB boost to the mid range
2. Switching amp model
3. The old fashioned method: turn up the guitar volume
Each has it place

I use an external switch with the MFC
I hit the switch and the following happens:
- GEQ2 un-bypasses [providing: level boost, reduction in low bass and highs]
- delay un-bypassses [to add delay]
- pitch shifter wet level increases [to widen stereo image]
- reverb input gain increases [to increase the reverb level]
- amp2 mutes [cos I riff will two amps panned hard]