Volume Block Setup (from front panel) - help needed and basic

almesy

This is a dumb one but after looking in the Wiki, Manual, and new block guide, along with various searches of the forum and youtube, I can't seem to find the answer.

1. I'm going to be working from the front panel of the FX3 (Cygnus Firmware)
2. Just looking for basic control of the existing volume block in my existing preset that I forgot to attach the controller feature to, so the block is currently not doing anything.

I'd be OK with copying a volume block from another preset and replacing the one I need to adjust if necessary (don't know how to do that but would love to know how - haven't figured that out yet). But I'm really looking to get quick instructions on how to set up the controller / modifier for volume control for external 1 control for my EV2 expression pedal (connected to the FC-12 jack 1).

I left the unit at church last night so I don't have here with me or I'd go simple route and use Axe Edit.

Can anyone help me with quick bullet points to accomplish this? (and maybe even a quick idea of how to copy & paste a block from one preset to another)?

Thanks so much....

Mike

Select the Volume parameter in the Vol/Pan block.
Hit the Enter button to assign a modifier to it.
Select your expression pedal as the modifier source.

That's pretty much it.

Select the Volume parameter in the Vol/Pan block.
Hit the Enter button to assign a modifier to it.
Select your expression pedal as the modifier source.

That's pretty much it.
So then all I need to do is select "external 1" and I'm good to go?

Thanks!

I’m sorry. I must be an idiot. But following these instructions doesn’t work for me. None of the screens are giving me the option to do what you were saying. I select the volume block. Push enter and then I get a list of the different modifiers, but I can’t see where I can select an option to edit for external one which is what I want to use. Any further help on that? For now I’m going to use ask edit, But I’m really looking Forward to figuring this out from the front panel for when I get in a jam in the future. Which, I know will be the case. Thanks again for your help.

Select the volume parameter in the Vol/Pan block (on screen knob will be highlighted blue). Hit Enter and it will bring up the selection list for Source 1 of the modifier. Scroll through that list with the big value knob and highlight "External 1". Hit Exit to go back to the Vol/Pan block edit screen and see if the knob moves when you move the pedal. The little circle at the bottom of the Volume knob should now be yellow since it has a modifier attached.

I can see what you're saying, and I do understand what you're explaining. My problem is that the "modifier" option in the row along the bottom is grayed out, so it's not an option to select. I've tried this in an existing preset and after your reply, created a new preset with basically just a volume block to experiment with.

Here's the steps I've done. On the page with the blocks, highlighted the Volume block. If I push "enter". Hit the "EDIT" button. On that screen, I get either Volume or Auto Swell to highlight in blue, as you've described. I highlight the VOLUME option (top one). Along the bottom of the screen, there are tabs, corresponding to the A B C D E scroll knobs, and are, sequentially, Reset, Bypass, Modifier, --, and More 1 of 2. I can select any of them except Modifier (all are White, except modifier which is Gray).

Sorry to be a pest with this - just doesn't seem to be working on my end.... I guess I can post a picture of the screen if necessary.

Mr. Fender, I really do appreciate your patience. I know a long time ago I did this without a lot of trouble, but it is just not letting me do this as an option from the front. (As a side note, Axe Edit is a piece of cake for assigning, so I know it shouldn't be a global thing or preset issue....)

Thanks again.... seriously... normally I can navigate around this pretty well having had it a couple years now...

Oh sorry, that first page is the Type page. Page over to the right once to the Config page and you'll see the volume parameter with a virtual knob. That's the one you need to select and then hit Enter. You can also push the C knob to access the modifier settings too. I'm just used to hitting Enter from the Axe II days.

Any parameter that has the little yellow circle on it is one that can have a modifier assigned. It will be black in the center normally and solid yellow when a modifier is assigned to that parameter.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or to quote a famous fake tv scientist.... Bazinga!!!!!

Thank you sooooo much for your help.... That got me squared away. I seriously do appreciate your patience!44Mike

Back
Top Bottom