Volume Block Modifier Question

Volume Block Modifier Question - Possible Bug?

With the absence of Global Blocks in the FM9, I am trying to my Volume Block to the library and then adding this back to to new patches etc.
After setting and saving the modifier settings on the Volume using Pedal 1, when I open the Library and add this the saved Channel to a new block the modifier settings are gone.
Is this to be expected or a possible bug?

TIA

Volume Block Modifier Question - Possible Bug?

With the absence of Global Blocks in the FM9, I am trying to my Volume Block to the library and then adding this back to to new patches etc.
After setting and saving the modifier settings on the Volume using Pedal 1, when I open the Library and add this the saved Channel to a new block the modifier settings are gone.
Is this to be expected or a possible bug?

TIA
Did you save just the Channel, or the entire block to your Library? Saved channels do not include modifiers. Saved blocks do.

This started recently, with the ability to chose just the current channel or the entire block (all four channels) when saving blocks to the library.

You have to read all of the notes in the firmware release notes, including the older notes, to be able to keep up with the incredible pace of improvements.

Did you save just the Channel, or the entire block to your Library? Saved channels do not include modifiers. Saved blocks do.

This started recently, with the ability to chose just the current channel or the entire block (all four channels) when saving blocks to the library.

You have to read all of the notes in the firmware release notes, including the older notes, to be able to keep up with the incredible pace of improvements.
Thanks - noted :)

Glad I searched nefore I posted. I was going somewhat "nuts". I purchased an EV-2 to replace my ancient FV 500H, which has many miles on it.
Just using as an expression pedal for Vol\pan.
Of course I did ot know about saving the whole block, etc, etc. Found this thread and now I am happy.
Would be great, as we all know, to have Global blocks. Unless I am missing something else, I have to manually add this block to every preset?
Would love to be wrong about that?

You can set a global volume pedal in the FM9. No block required.
Setup->MIDI/Remote->Other. Scroll down to I/O

Glad I searched nefore I posted. I was going somewhat "nuts". I purchased an EV-2 to replace my ancient FV 500H, which has many miles on it.
Just using as an expression pedal for Vol\pan.
Of course I did ot know about saving the whole block, etc, etc. Found this thread and now I am happy.
Would be great, as we all know, to have Global blocks. Unless I am missing something else, I have to manually add this block to every preset?
Would love to be wrong about that?

^If you want a global volume control, I just shared how above.

We had a very long thread or three about this many years ago. I believe where the block is placed makes a difference iirc.
I place it right after the cab. Don't remember all the technical stuff, but I do remember that part of it. for my needs, directly after the cab block was best. Which , for me, is also before all the fx.

Back
Top Bottom