Volume as global output

Woland

Inspired
Hello,
I'm using an Ernie Ball pedal (Y cable) in the pedal port 1.
Everything works great, but even with the learning function, the volume swell is not gradual: there's a way to solve this problem? It does it with another pedal too.
Thanks!!!

Woland said:
Hello,
I'm using an Ernie Ball pedal (Y cable) in the pedal port 1.
Everything works great, but even with the learning function, the volume swell is not gradual: there's a way to solve this problem? It does it with another pedal too.
Thanks!!!

Is it to quick or does it just jump up? Did you calibrate the pedal in the axe-fx?

If it is just ramping up too quickly but steadily, then you may want to put a volume block in your patches, attach the volume parameter to one of the external controllers (1-8), and assign that external controller to pedal 1. Then set the taper in the volume block to log A or B.

If you have calibrated the pedal and it just jumps up suddenly, you probably just need to swap the plugs that go into the Ernie ball. So that the one that is plugged into in, goes to out and vice versa.

On my FCB1010 I had the same issue... with the default taper (B I think) it was too fast. As soon as I stepped on the pedal it was almost cut my entire volume off!!! I proceeded to change Taper A (I think) and it was much better... still too fast IMO, but much better. I would be nice if we could slow the volume even more...

mortega76 said:
On my FCB1010 I had the same issue... with the default taper (B I think) it was too fast. As soon as I stepped on the pedal it was almost cut my entire volume off!!! I proceeded to change Taper A (I think) and it was much better... still too fast IMO, but much better. I would be nice if we could slow the volume even more...

default taper is linear. You can slow more using modifier menu. Either increase dampening or alter the curve.

javajunkie said:
mortega76 said:

default taper is linear.
Java, which one would be recommended for a slow taper?

mortega76 said:
javajunkie said:
mortega76 said:

default taper is linear.
Java, which one would be recommended for a slow taper?

Changing the curve would slow down the rate of change. The dampening slow how fast the pedal reacts. Try increasing the dampening a bit first to see if your just want the pedal to slow down, if that's not it alter the curve.

Back
Top Bottom