Volume adjustment in scenes - PA

minseito

Hi all,

I am currently using scenes with the Axe FX II / Matrix amp hooked up to guitar cabs. I'm adjusting the volume in each scene with the slider control in the FX loop - so no problem with backline sound / levels.

But I obviously need to make the same level of adjustment to the volume going out direct to the PA. it seems very cumbersome to have to do this via the dB level on a series of EQ blocks - that's the way I am doing it now.

Am I missing something obvious??

Cheers, and any help much appreciated.

Geoff, UK

I use two EQ blocks, one set for a slight boost at about 2dB and one lead boost at 4dB. I add both blocks to all my presets after the amp block and before any delays (so that the delay trail won't jump in volume when I switch scenes). I then adjust the scene level to always be around 0dB when no EQ block is enabled. This helps for instance if you boost a mostly clean amp as that's going to add quite a bit of volume. For that scene I may drop the scene volume by -3dB or whatever's needed to get it set at 0dB when boosted and without any EQ blocks. I then add the slightly boosted or lead EQ block as needed per scene and I get a nice even volume across all presets and scenes. Obviously there's slight individual tweaks for different songs that needs different boost and volume levels depending on the song and what the rest of the band is doing,

Hi all,

I am currently using scenes with the Axe FX II / Matrix amp hooked up to guitar cabs. I'm adjusting the volume in each scene with the slider control in the FX loop - so no problem with backline sound / levels.

But I obviously need to make the same level of adjustment to the volume going out direct to the PA. it seems very cumbersome to have to do this via the dB level on a series of EQ blocks - that's the way I am doing it now.

Am I missing something obvious??

Cheers, and any help much appreciated.

Geoff, UK
the FX Loop slider works for Out 2. the MAIN slider in the Out 1 block works the same way - it's the tall OUT block on the far right, edit it like you would any other block. Both of those save per Scene.

Back
Top Bottom