• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Voltage drop causing issues?

Fletch

This is not an AXE FX issue per se, but I know there are a lot of smart people on here who might be able to help.

I have my Axe FX3 plugged into a Furman M-8D along with my Fryette LXII. I noticed after switching on the Fryette, the voltage drops from 119 to 117 and sometimes below. At that point I notice clipping of the signal and static. Sometimes rebooting things help and the voltage goes back up to 119. It’s a pretty small drop to cause that sort of consequence.

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I pick up a regulator?
Thanks!

Wired

Inspired
According to the manual the input Voltage range is 90–264 VAC. A variation between 117 and 119 is no problem.

Fletch

Thanks for the response. The Axe works like a champ. I think it’s the power amp. But it’s such a small drop I would think the Fryette wouldn’t have an issue. Unless it’s something else.

Top Bottom