Volantish

Axe-Master
I set out to recreate my favourite settings on the Strymon Volante using the Multitap Delay and Spring Reverb. I've mapped as many parameters to the perform page as possible to keep it easy to tweak the preset. The "mechanics" depth and rate are set quite conservatively to start so don't be afraid to turn them up to get some warble going on. Enjoy.

Preset - https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=8973

That subtle waiver on the motor speed parameter with the LFO controller adds some really nice character to the delay.

Excellent use of custom names on the performance parameters as well!

If you're wondering how to do more advanced effect composition with the Axe-Fx, this is a great preset to look at folks.

@iareseethe the skew triangle LFO shape works really well to emulate old chorus pedals like the CE-1 too. The custom names on the perform page add the icing on the cake for effect emulation too IMO.

@jaycal6 great to hear, it's been a popular request since that box came out.

I set out to recreate my favourite settings on the Strymon Volante using the Multitap Delay and Spring Reverb. I've mapped as many parameters to the perform page as possible to keep it easy to tweak the preset. The "mechanics" depth and rate are set quite conservatively to start so don't be afraid to turn them up to get some warble going on. Enjoy.

Preset - https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=8973

Leon, this preset sounds glorious. Thank you so much. I have a Volante, and this sounds close enough that I don't feel the need to use it all the time for Echorec tones. I might end up selling it if I can get the modulation spot-on and get some drive on the repeats.

Really, really good preset.

@laxu here's the preset I mentioned on TGP.
Thanks! Finally had the time to give it a try and yeah, definitely Volantish.

But I got to say, it's quite complicated to get there! Just goes to show how much a good user interface can simplify things.

Thanks! Finally had the time to give it a try and yeah, definitely Volantish.

But I got to say, it's quite complicated to get there! Just goes to show how much a good user interface can simplify things.

Definitely! Strymon's factory presets are always super inspiring too. It was fun to lay out the perform page to try cop a little of that vibe.

I am hearing some of that metallic ping and brightness on the repeats that is such an
essential element in magentic drum echo based or inspired devices.

This is a very special inspiring effect and will fit in nicely in some of my presets for sure,
It gives an extra dimension to the feeling of the sound
Thanks Leon for sharing

Dude, this is amazing. I play worship music and this so useful in so many ways to me. Thank you so much. I really have a lot to learn still. Thanks for reminding me there’s still way more this thing can do.

Back
Top Bottom