Vola Guitars

There's a dealer down the street from me, so I've played a couple of their models. I do like what I've played; they felt comfortable, but I haven't plugged one in; I just can't plug a guitar in unless I'm serious about it, because I know I'll start to get critical about the tone, which is just a dangerous rabbit hole for me. I haven't been able to tell what's really unique about them, but I do like the looks. The models I tried were the OZ 22 MF and the Blaze. I remember liking the neck on the OZ, but I can't remember exactly why haha; it was sometime pre-COVID, so it feels like another lifetime. The ones I tried had good fretwork, from what I could tell without doing an every note wide bend test, with no lifted frets or edges that would cut your hands. Hopefully that helps a little!

Resurrecting this... any other experiences with them? I'm considering an HSS 7 string, of which there aren't many options, and came across the Vola Vasti 7 PDM J1, but there seems to be very little info about them out there. But I really like the look, not sure on the pickups (but easily replaced if needed), and it would scratch the HSS 7 string itch for a reasonable price.

@Andy Eagle you mention Japan Ibanez quality... so you think it would be similar to my Prestige RG then in terms of build quality, fret work, etc?

Resurrecting this... any other experiences with them? I'm considering an HSS 7 string, of which there aren't many options, and came across the Vola Vasti 7 PDM J1, but there seems to be very little info about them out there. But I really like the look, not sure on the pickups (but easily replaced if needed), and it would scratch the HSS 7 string itch for a reasonable price.

@Andy Eagle you mention Japan Ibanez quality... so you think it would be similar to my Prestige RG then in terms of build quality, fret work, etc?
Yes they are pretty much on a parr.

I love mine. A BLACK OZ RV ROA. Very underrated guitars for the price. It must weight 6 pounds!! So light and well balanced. Pick-ups are very good and you can play anything with this guitar. So easy to play that I put 11s on it because 10s felt to light! You can even get 10% discount from Vola on some Youtubers channel (Elevated jam tracks)

I'm looking at the vasti 7 string Pierre Danel model, but nobody seems to have them in stock. Looks like a great guitar.

This made me look at their current offerings, since it's been a while. That Zenith RV RMRM is really speaking to me. I love their overall design aesthetic, and the one I played at a store felt really good.

Back
Top Bottom