Vol/Pan Channels Different Modifier Question

retnuH

I can't find anything on the forum through searching so am posting this to see if channels don’t extend to modifiers, I'm doing something wrong or if this is a limitation or bug. I have an expression pedal (exp2) set as a modifier tied to the volume in a vol/pan block right after the input on all of my presets and I use it to lower the input for variable gain on my gain patches. It gives me a variable gain for different songs that is foot controlled instead of volume knob controlled but I'm also trying to set a scene as a preset mid or low gain so I can just hit a switch instead of stepping on the pedal. That all works fine as is with lowered gain on my dual amps but it doesn’t sound quite as good as lower input and when I go into channel B on the vol/pan block and set the volume modifier start and end to different values, they also save back the same values to my base channel A in the block instead of keeping two separate values for channel A and B. There is a setting in the modifier screen for All or the individual channels but it doesn't seem to work for this either and whatever is set on channel B saves in channel A too no matter what I do. I will also say that this is a global block but this is the master preset.
Any ideas? I have three vol/pan blocks per preset for input volume, output volume and then one as a set solo boost so I could insert the fourth vol/pan block to use different settings but it seems to me that the channels in my first vol/pan block should be able to do this. Do the channels not extend to modifiers or am I missing something?
Thanks,
Hunter

as mentioned in the manual, Modifiers are shared among channels:

Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 8.55.27 AM.png

however, a recent Firmware change allows you to have the modifiers apply to ALL channels or just one channel. find it in the Channel dropdown on the Modifier screen.

Thanks- I had the manual info but couldn't find the updated firmware info for the channel dropdown to explain how it works when I found it. I guess that means that the channels aren't fully functional for modifiers like they are for the main block then so what I am trying to do won't work. I hate to have to have to use all four vol/pan blocks in one preset so maybe I can use the channels on another block for my solo boost and then use that vol/pan block for this.

Thanks- I had the manual info but couldn't find the updated firmware info for the channel dropdown to explain how it works when I found it. I guess that means that the channels aren't fully functional for modifiers like they are for the main block then so what I am trying to do won't work. I hate to have to have to use all four vol/pan blocks in one preset so maybe I can use the channels on another block for my solo boost and then use that vol/pan block for this.
Not sure the difference between “main block” and “channels.” But modifiers are shared, unless you set it to one channel only.

I guess that means that the channels aren't fully functional for modifiers like they are for the main block
There is no "main block". A block is a block, and almost all of them have channels. If you don't pick a different channel, you will be using channel A of a given block by default.

You can choose for a given modifier to affect ALL channels of a block, or only a SINGLE channel of the block (you choose which one).

Back
Top Bottom