"Voices" - Dream Theater cover w/ Axe-Fx II XL

Good lord that was most excellent! :oops:

What PRS is that?
Thanks! It's one of the CE 24 models from the 2005-ish period. I found it at a Guitar Center just casually going through random guitars and clicked with that one. I love nearly every PRS I've played on - wish I had a fleet of them in different tunings.

Thanks! It's one of the CE 24 models from the 2005-ish period. I found it at a Guitar Center just casually going through random guitars and clicked with that one. I love nearly every PRS I've played on - wish I had a fleet of them in different tunings.
Awesome. Never been a PRS guy myself, but hey I'd like to try a a CE 24 now. :p
For JP stuff I feel I'm pretty well covered with the Ibanez P4 though! :)

Awesome. Never been a PRS guy myself, but hey I'd like to try a a CE 24 now. :p
For JP stuff I feel I'm pretty well covered with the Ibanez P4 though! :)
Those guitars rule too ... Honestly PRS stuff in general isn't the easiest for technical playing, compared to guitars with a flatter radius (in my opinion). I find your chops really need to be honed to be quick on a PRS. When I pick up a flatter neck with a longer scale length it feels much better for shred, but I love that PRS has this 'Les Paul meets Strat' kind of sound and versatility. Ibanez or the JP sigs (obviously) are sweet for flashy playing though

Those guitars rule too ... Honestly PRS stuff in general isn't the easiest for technical playing, compared to guitars with a flatter radius (in my opinion). I find your chops really need to be honed to be quick on a PRS. When I pick up a flatter neck with a longer scale length it feels much better for shred, but I love that PRS has this 'Les Paul meets Strat' kind of sound and versatility. Ibanez or the JP sigs (obviously) are sweet for flashy playing though
When you play great as you just showed, neck radius is pretty insignificant. :)

TBH honest I'm not too picky about it, I have guitars with radiuses from 9.5" to 20" , and I don't play all that different on them. If had to choose I'd pick flatter though.

When you play great as you just showed, neck radius is pretty insignificant. :)

TBH honest I'm not too picky about it, I have guitars with radiuses from 9.5" to 20" , and I don't play all that different on them. If had to choose I'd pick flatter though.
Agreed, it ultimately comes down to ... PRACTICE! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom