VoiceLive 3 as Controller for Axe FX?

ToneMonsterX

Has anyone had success using a VoiceLive 3 floor unit as a controller for an Axe FX unit? I plan on experimenting with it soon and also plan on posting my results.

Reasoning: I already have the FCB 1010 with Eureka prom and am using it in a mode that allows me to have 5 presets plus 5 on/off switches simulating stomp boxes. This works "OK" but the lack of visual feedback, including a peak at the Axe FX tuner on the FCB, is a bit problematic for me. I believe the program changes on VoiceLive can be aligned with the Axe FX as long as I put them in the proper order and name them similarly. I'm thinking I might gain by having access to the tuner in the VL3 as well as using it as a backup guitar amp rig if anything goes awry with the Axe FX (fingers crossed it never goes bad!). I'm assuming I can program the VL3 buttons to trigger stompbox on/off in the Axe FX and it'd be even better if the VL3 can somehow trigger scene changes.

My plan is to link the two via midi, use the VL3 for voice effects, and have the VL3 buttons control the Axe FX in terms of presets, CC, and hopefully scene changes.

Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom