Voice control iOS!

Tom Morris

Power User
Just ran across this article at MacRumors explaining newly added voice controls in IOS 13. Been playing around with controlling BandHelper with it and have to say its pretty damn slick and works. Going to have to see if this will function is say a DAW type app. Cant see any reason it wouldn't. Not sure what all iOS devices are supported I'm on an iPhone 10S. Give it a go and share your thoughts.

https://www.macrumors.com/guide/voice-control/

Ha ha Had a really weird problem this evening with this. I was driving to a gig and figured maybe I should turn voice commands off. So I summonsed SIRI and told her to turn voice control off, which she did. After the gig I noticed my phone was rambling all kinds of shit in my pocket? After I got home I tried to figure ou what the hell was going on. The phone was stuck in voice over, I couldn't swipe to unlock and it just read what ever was on the screen that I tapped on but really fast. Confused I force rebooted the phone that just brough me right back to reading whatever I clicked on on the screen, Couldn't enter my pass code. After doing some searching on the net I found I had to tap the pass code number so it read it then tap it again to enter the number. Super strange trying to get out of voice over screen reading mode at the lock screen on a phone without a home button. and I never turned it on in the first place.

Welcome to IO WTF.

Last edited:
Playing around with BandHelper in a quiet environment was pretty slick. Not sure how that would play out in a noisy environment.

A bit of a learning curve as far as what to say but there are handy feature like say "show numbers" and every item on a list has a number next to it. Then just speak the number to select the item. I'm wondering if a bluetooth headset mic would help in a live band situation. I don't know if they listen all the time without pushing something.

Back
Top Bottom