Vocal Lessons

Keg8605

Power User
Someone here pointed me to Truefire for guitar lessons which is an awesome site. I've neglected my voice over the past 3-4 years probably due to so much axe fx tweaking :). I've decided though it's a weaker link for me these days and it deserves some focus. So if anybody has any recommendations to a specific site. I know there's random things on youtube which I'll start there.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Also; Jaime Vendera, Liz Lewis, Ron Anderson. They all have books/CD's, online studies, web content, vocal apps and of course skype lessons. Liz has a great book/CD that helps get you back in shape quickly provided you already know proper technique. Jaime and Ron will take you over the top if you're willing to put the time in.

I'd also recommend Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Private lessons are a bit steep, but the Vocal Pro Bundle is a nice collection of exercises and videos.

I have this (from the 90's): http://metalmethod.com/vocal-power

Despite the obvious "big hair", don't let that put you off, It's actually legit and really works.

Funny comments on video, but I listened to a lot of these bands in the 80s [cringe] so nothing here is shocking :)

Question - Do you know if the MP3 practice exercises will cover a full baritone range also? If it's all tenor range stuff I probably wouldn't get much out of it.

Not sure how deep down the rabbit hole you want to go .... But, I've considered this guy.

https://kentamplinvocalacademy.com/

^ i Have tried a bunch in the past. No noticeable improvement until i tried Ken Tamplin. I have been wanting to send him a live recording of me singing Ozzy before and then after. (The before was horrid to me - I couldn't believe my bandmates encouraged me to sing at all )

Funny comments on video, but I listened to a lot of these bands in the 80s [cringe] so nothing here is shocking :)

Question - Do you know if the MP3 practice exercises will cover a full baritone range also? If it's all tenor range stuff I probably wouldn't get much out of it.

Most of the exercises involve patterns that you could transpose into your own range.

But, obviously you wouldn't be able to sing along at the same time as the DVD audio very well unless maybe if you were a full octave lower.

Back
Top Bottom