Wish Visualizer for IR plus eq

hblu2002

I would love to have a visualizer for the IR block to “see” the waveform of the IR being loaded. Like others I have definitely seen the immense power of the “right” IR. We are so fortunate to have a ridiculous number of super high quality IR’s in the unit as well as the amazing aftermarket IR’s from York Audio, Mikko, Austin Buddy, Ownhammer and others. And on top of the that there are incredible apps to craft your own IR’s — mikko’s cab sim and now Overloud has supercabinet. Cygnus and Cliff’s obsessive attention to detail has already addressed the amp and effect aspect x10000 but when I have the right IR then it‘s literally a five minute tweak and I am off playing. For my own workflow I am enjoy mikko cab sim and supercabinet the most as you can “see” the IR, see how adding other mics or positions change the frequency curve and you can very quickly dial in the right amount of low, mid and top end. In Supercabinet you can also use a two band eq which can dial things even more. And similar to mikko you can export the final product and use it in the axe (btw I have zero affiliation with ik multimedia or any music company etc. — just love the gear….)

im talking about something built into the axe. Cablab is great but not much of a difference to the other products I mentioned above like mikko’s cab sim or th-u supercabinet. Offline I have all the resources I need. I just thought having a built in ir visualizer that you could monitor on the axe itself would be nice….

Last edited:
Not really. i believe that is a plot of the IR with velocity over time (as in the impulse volume and decay over time as they made the IR) as opposed to a frequency plot of the IR’s content. I will attach a pic from TH-U’s supercabinet web page as an example:

1623852255270.png

Not really. i believe that is a plot of the IR with velocity over time (as in the impulse volume and decay over time as they made the IR) as opposed to a frequency plot of the IR’s content. I will attach a pic from TH-U’s supercabinet web page as an example:

View attachment 84893
Okay, now I understand. In your OP, you said you wanted to see the waveform of the IR, which is what I posted. Now I know that you really want to see the frequency response.

Back
Top Bottom