1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Visual MFC popping up when switching tabs - version 7.5

Discussion in 'MFC-Edit' started by unix-guy, Dec 9, 2017.

1. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

I just fired up MFC-Edit to look at something and was prompted to load the new version (7.5), which I did.

I then opened a sysx file and when I tried to change tabs to the "IA Switches" tab, it didn't seem to do anything so I tried another tab and that worked. I then tried to change to the "Base Config" tab and the same thing was happening.

While I was sitting there trying to figure out what was going on, all of the sudden the Visual MFC mode started.

I closed it (visual mode) and then noticed that it had changed to the Base Config tab. I changed to another tab and then another. When I changed to the IA Switches tab, again it lagged and then the Visual MFC mode started again.

I closed it again and changed to another tab, all good. Changed to Base Config and visual mode fired up again.

It appears that whenever I open either of those two tabs that Visual MFC launches.

@bwanagary - is this a bug?

2. bwanagary

bwanagary
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

It's a feature, actually. Go to File->Preferences and on the Preferences popup click on the "VIRTUAL MFC-101" tab. Deselect/un-check the "Always Popup on BASE CONFIF page" and "Always Popup on IA SWITCHES page" options and then click the "Done" button. I apologize for it being a bit annoying for knowledgeable users - I added that as a default for newbies otherwise they wouldn't know that feature exists.

unix-guy likes this.
  3. bwanagary

bwanagary
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Uploaded version 7.6 to the servers this morning to make this less aggravation for you. From the release notes:

unix-guy likes this.
  4. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

Thanks! I'll install later tonight :)