Visual MFC popping up when switching tabs - version 7.5

Discussion in 'MFC-Edit' started by unix-guy, Dec 9, 2017.

1. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

I just fired up MFC-Edit to look at something and was prompted to load the new version (7.5), which I did.

I then opened a sysx file and when I tried to change tabs to the "IA Switches" tab, it didn't seem to do anything so I tried another tab and that worked. I then tried to change to the "Base Config" tab and the same thing was happening.

While I was sitting there trying to figure out what was going on, all of the sudden the Visual MFC mode started.

I closed it (visual mode) and then noticed that it had changed to the Base Config tab. I changed to another tab and then another. When I changed to the IA Switches tab, again it lagged and then the Visual MFC mode started again.

I closed it again and changed to another tab, all good. Changed to Base Config and visual mode fired up again.

It appears that whenever I open either of those two tabs that Visual MFC launches.

@bwanagary - is this a bug?

2. bwanagary

bwanagary
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

It's a feature, actually. Go to File->Preferences and on the Preferences popup click on the "VIRTUAL MFC-101" tab. Deselect/un-check the "Always Popup on BASE CONFIF page" and "Always Popup on IA SWITCHES page" options and then click the "Done" button. I apologize for it being a bit annoying for knowledgeable users - I added that as a default for newbies otherwise they wouldn't know that feature exists.

unix-guy likes this.
  3. bwanagary

bwanagary
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Uploaded version 7.6 to the servers this morning to make this less aggravation for you. From the release notes:

unix-guy likes this.
  4. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Thanks! I'll install later tonight :)