Wish Visual indication if the preset uses modifiers

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
To discover if a preset uses modifiers somewhere, one must examine each block on the grid, or click on Controllers > Modifiers.

It would be very convenient if the Controllers button would blink, change to another color, overlay an exclamation mark, or something similar, if a recalled preset contains one or more modifiers.

Hmmm ….
I use modifier(s) in every preset.
Considering this, what will a blinking button - or something equivalent - be good for ?

So IMHO: no blinking or coloring button or so, please (unless I can switch it off).

Hmmm ….
Considering this, what will a blinking button - or something equivalent - be good for ?

So IMHO: no blinking or coloring button or so, please (unless I can switch it off).

I never use the Quick Build button / functionality. But it's there. Should I put in a request to delete it, even if its existence doesn't bother me?

Hmmm ….
Me too. I simply jump to the controllers page and hit the Modifiers tab, and they all show up there in a seemingly random and definitely hard to parse list. If only AxeEdit could sort them by their Controller, Block, and Parameter names....

I never use the Quick Build button / functionality. But it's there. Should I put in a request to delete it, even if its existence doesn't bother me?
False equivalence. The Quick Build doesn't blink, wiggle, or even stick out very much due to the light grey on dark grey color scheme.

Many find blinking things annoying, to the point that the <blink></blink> tag was removed from HTML. Also, depending on rate and duty cycle, blinking things can even trigger epileptic seizures in people who suffer from them. Asking to have the option to turn off a blinkenlight is not an unreasonable request.

Don't fixate on the blinking. That's just one of the suggestions, and probably not the best one.

In the past weeks I've been loading the new factory presets for the III and FM3, one by one, multiple times, to compare and to describe. A simple exclamation mark on the Controllers button would have saved me close to a thousand clicks.

Checking for modifiers is also an important part of troubleshooting.

I fail to see any harm in having a button change to another color or show an exclamation mark to indicate the presence of modifiers.

The original request is about having an indicator of used modifiers in Presets.

This request may be not useful to those of the community who have modifiers attached to many - or all - of their presets.
Just one example: all Presets of @austinbuddy use modifiers (not to mention mine).

On the other hand, I would consider it helpful for editing purposes to have an indicator - certainly not blinking type ;) - on each Block that has modifier(s) attached to.

Back
Top Bottom