Visual display of modifiers when BYPASSING/ENGAGING blocks

WITELITE

Experienced
I have a number of presets where a modifier controls the engagement/pypass of blocks as well as a value. For example, when I depress External Pedal 2, it engages the drive, disables input 2 (the acoustic piezo) and adds some mix level to the delay block. The first image from the modifier screen (Input 2) makes sense to me Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 11.53.30 AM.png
but the second one for the drive pedal seems counterintuitive. It works because the "min" level as actually set to the max level on the knobs and vice versa. So even though I'm fully depressing the pedal, the drive engages as it is the max setting and the knob levels shown are not really relevant. Unless Im mistaken, there doesn't seem to be a way to show the Min level as BYPASSED and Max level as ENGAGED with the knobs at 0 and 10 respectively.
Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 11.54.03 AM.png

The reason this matters is that setting the initial value of an external control pedal DOES take into consideration the knob values. So if for example, I wanted to have the drive disengaged initially, I would have to set the knob to 100% (or at least above 50%) but that would add mix level to the delay block in the example.

If anyone is still with me, Thanks and I guess the question is if there is a way that the BYPASS state can be at -0- and the ENGAGE state can be at 100 which is how it would show on the device itself. Or if not, is there a way to save the initial state of a block that is tied to an expression pedal modifier?

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'm still with you :) since I don't follow which knob you're referring to that would affect the mix level, but I typically set Start to 100% and End at 0% instead of changing min and max in this situation.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'm still with you :) since I don't follow which knob you're referring to that would affect the mix level, but I typically set Start to 100% and End at 0% instead of changing min and max in this situation.
Ah (or should i say "Duh") as that would work. THANKS! It does seem like there should be a way for the BYPASS Min state to have the knob at -0- and the ENGAGE Max state to be at 100 but I'm sure there is a good reason.

I think the issue is if you don't have a pedal connected to the jack, the default value is the End value in the modifier screen even if you have a value set in the initial value screen.

What I'm trying to do is have one block engage when a pedal is depressed and another block Bypass with the same pedal being depressed. That works fine with the pedal attached but if I disconnect the pedal, I'm trying to have the initial state as if the pedal wasn't depressed and it seems to always default to the reverse.

Thanks (my head hurts from trying to explain it so appreciate you hanging in there)

MM

Back
Top Bottom