Wish Virtual FC Channel

Bakerman

Axe-Master
Wish: Allow selecting a MIDI channel (separate from main channel, or not) for "Virtual FC" control.

Let user set 48 (total # of switches possible with 4 FC-12s) MIDI notes, CCs or PCs to act as FC switch presses. Consecutive numbers (choose start # only) is probably fine, although being able to space them out could let a MIDI keyboard on the floor work as a footcontroller.

Note on/off or momentary CC switches should be able to trigger tap or hold functions. This would let many controllers (or a MIDI keyboard) do everything an FC can do, minus visual feedback on the board.

PCs should only trigger tap functions. Include an option for any CC value to act as tap, no hold functions. (CC toggle LEDs might not always be in sync with an assigned toggle function, so ignore those.)

Add a Virtual FC page on Axe-FX, like Axe-Edit FC setup menu, showing switch functions & ring colors. Once user navigates to page, keep displayed through preset changes.

Last edited:
This would be great, but I think if we got more control switches it would be easy enough to set up a layout of CS sending midi switches, without really have to do anything different with the overall FC functions

If we can’t get more CS then I like your idea as I have a bunch of stuff I want to control, but, I’d like to do it via CS as I could mix those in with performance layouts so I could have a midi controller, a scene switch, an effect switch etc all on the same custom layout, instead of having to go to a dedicated midi page to control that stuff

I wouldn’t mind a page for when I want to use my DAW transport but I’d like things like external loops engaging pedals able to be mixed in with other layouts

I'm not sure if you're understanding the wish. This is about expanding what non-FC MIDI controllers can do.

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom