Virtual capo

LoPaN

Inspired
I gave the virtual capo a try today to downtune to D I mainly play in E standard. I put the pitch block first in the chain does it matter if it's first or could it even go after amp/cab?
Thanks
Alan.

It typically goes between the amp and the cab or before the amp. The general rule is to place it before the cab block. Try it in different positions and see which sounds best to you.

The rule I follow is that if a pitch block is set to 100% wet, then I put it before the amp. If it's a mix of pitch shift and direct (or a mix of two different intervals) then I put it between the amp and the cab block. Pretty much what bdrepko wrote.

Thanks!! I'd say for my use then as a simple down tune device before the amp will be just fine. I remember trying this on my Axfx2 and never got good results, the AxFx3 though does a pretty good job.

I don't know if it's paranoia or just habit, but I always put it first after the input. In my head, I don't want it being affected by drives or anything else that could potentially cause artifacts. Really, I've never even tried using the Virtual Capo anywhere else but right after the input, same for the Whammy presets I have, which is strictly out of habit because that's how I always ran my Whammy pedals. At most, I'd have a boost before it.

For any other pitch stuff, I generally put it in before any other effects if I'm doing it before the amp, or just between the amp and the cab. I really haven't messed with it much, outside recreating my previous physical rigs.

yes, go with it as the first after the input (for your situation). You did want the signal as clean as possible so the pitch capo can do it's work better.

In the old days, I used to always place it right after the first compressor block (typically right after the input).

I think I may still do that or right at the front. Any smaller detuning gets post cab typically.

Hey, first thing after the input is highly recommended unless you are going for some sound designing.
Also (maybe) a tip from someone who likes to play tight 16th notes in 200 bpm is that for me the best settings have proven to be, Pitch Tracking: Fast. And the Tracking knob between 3 and 5, mostly 5 for me. I shift 2 up from D standard a lot.

Back
Top Bottom