Virtual Capo???

Hey Everyone:

Not really getting good results from the Virtual Capo. I have the Digitech Drop and it is much better. But NOT necessarily better running through the AX FX III. I have also tried the Kemper and the Kemper Pitch Pitch. It worked and sounded better IMO.

I am getting some weird artifacts and tracking issues with the Virtual Capo. I was hoping there would be a fix with the the latest REV. But nope!!! I see some people have posted varying comments on the forum about this. I am just going off my experience and being able to A/B the DROP through my MESA MARK V. More usable and realistic. Any thoughts???? Ideas??? Tricks??? I am only using this for a 1/2 drop at the moment. So wouldn't think this would be a challenge.

Thanks

2nd guitar tuned down a half-step.

I'm with you. I'm not a fan; love just about everything else in the box, but not the VC. Some will say it's fine, or the best thing since sliced bread, but I just think there's some people that are more or less sensitive to the latency. I'm definitely ultra sensitive to it. So it may in fact be great, but it's unusable to me.

I use it for an occasional 1/2 step to a whole step.

I also make sure the attack gets through via an addition path off the input into a VOL block with a very short (1-3 ms) ADSR tied to volume to let the initial attack through to complete the attack which masks the latency.

I also place the pitch block first in the chain after INPUT 1.

Anything and everything I’ve tried sounds like an effect to me. That doesn’t mean it sounds bad, but, I still use physical capo’s, still time down etc.

I think the pitch shift is better than ever, and it has its uses, but it’s never going to be 100% “right”

It’s like making a strat sound like a LP. You can do some stuff and get a similar tone, model the pickups etc, but it still feels different in hand when your holding and playing them.

Horses for courses really. Like an acoustic sim... need to cover one song ? Works good enough. Going to make you sell a vintage flattop ? Not hardly

I am not having any problems there. Very little giltches. This preset is also good for creating 12 string guitar. The best emulation I have heard yet. There is a tracking that you can adjust. I did not try any below the fret but several above E. This will be good for Eb singers that are old and can't make their notes anymore or for playing Hendrix, Stevie, and a few others. I do use it first in the chain. If you don't it gets interference.

Back
Top Bottom