Virtual Capo question for Axe 3?

flcmcya

Inspired
I set up a performance tab with adjustable capo in a couple presets...... real handy being totally adjustable . I set up one of my stand in switches to bypass the pitch block in layout 6.... again real handy for switching back to standard in a live situation.
Originally, I swear this bypass seemed to stick when changing scenes for the whole preset. Last night it was not working as designed.
Any thoughts?... or is this even doable.......Maybe a per preset setting.
I was totally excited ...then extremely deflated when adding it to another preset.

20200710_122703_resized.jpg

There a global setting for what happens when you modify a scene, switch to another one, then back to the first one. Does the scene load as you modified it, or as saved?

Is that maybe causing confusion?

Exactly Dave.......I have a feeling they are loading as saved when I switch scenes....... the scene I originally switched retains the new pitch when I go back to it......but the others do not.
Only thing I changed was updating Axe edit last night which shouldn't change anything on the preset.

We capo a couple tunes at my church gig and would love to adjust on the fly and not have to visit my Axe every time. Not sure if there is a workaround for this one....... but it would be easy enough to duplicate presets with different pitch settings and load them on my capo switch.

Signed,

Not done yet!

Last edited:
Assign a control switch as pitch bypass modifier. Set all of the control switch's "CS Per Scene" values to "last". This will keep the current bypass state through any scene/preset changes.

Alternatively you could just assign the external switch directly as bypass modifier. This avoids having to set up a stand-in switch or set the CS Per Scene values, so there may be no reason to use the CS approach in this case.

Thanks... So will this change the pitch in all the scenes if I set it as just a bypass modifier..... as when I select this I want all scenes to change?
I did see another thread stating an effect parameter can't be global so I will focus on the preset.

More to learn... then I watch Leon's pitch follower video. I'm screwed!

Don't think I'll ever finish a preset! :)

Last edited:
I'm definitely not idiot proof!

I had a couple channels off that was screwing my performance tab up....... now when I change scenes all is good.
Still haven't got the switch to bypass but I don't think that's possible with the performance modifier already on it...

Ooopps.... the control switch worked, a hold behind my feedback switch .... and the external once I set it to virtual toggle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom