Virtual Capo on/off across all scenes in a Patch

chris5150

Inspired
I have many things I play in various tunings, Eb generally gets used a lot. So in my preset I have sc 1 Rhythm sc 2 lead sc3 lead phase sc4 clean...etc

I used to setup seperate presets so for eg preset 1 general Rock, so I would setup preset 2 with all the scences set to Eb and it would be preset Gen Rock Eb

anyway rather than bother with that decided to set a button up for the Pitch block instead so just use the one preset

I set pitch block 1 to the virtual capo & set up the button on the FC12 to switch it on or off

Issue is that if its set to off ie key of E, then to turn on i have to go into each scene and turn on the pitch block seperatly..great when u forget & just switch it on in rhtymn and then go into a solo break and u hit the first note & realise its in E!
So is there some way to within a preset 'globally' turn on /off the pitch block? so using the button as a master switch within it rather than it needing setting per scene

Exactly what DLC86 said. One thing, change your Min to BYPASSED and MAX to ENGAGED. They are reverse by default. Se the Source to whatever Control Switch you want to use. On the FC set the Category to Control Switch, Function as Latching and select the switch you set. Works great. I use this approach on presets I need to tune down a 1/2 step.

The virtual capo would be very useful tool to drop/raise tuning overall, but when I engage it, I'm hearing a BLEND of two pitches, rather than just a shift. It's subtle on low notes, very pronounced on higher ones to the point it's unusable. Do any of you have thoughts on what I could be doing wrong? There are only a couple controls on this block - shift, tracking, mix. Just trying -1 shift to Eb, tracking set to 5 (default). With mix = 100% wet, it doesn't seem that any unaltered signal should pass through.

The virtual capo would be very useful tool to drop/raise tuning overall, but when I engage it, I'm hearing a BLEND of two pitches, rather than just a shift. It's subtle on low notes, very pronounced on higher ones to the point it's unusable. Do any of you have thoughts on what I could be doing wrong? There are only a couple controls on this block - shift, tracking, mix. Just trying -1 shift to Eb, tracking set to 5 (default). With mix = 100% wet, it doesn't seem that any unaltered signal should pass through.
Are you sure you are not hearing the guitar itself?

You either have the mix not set to 100% or you are hearing the guitar. Easiest way to tell. Record a track with the VC set and then listen to it.

You either have the mix not set to 100% or you are hearing the guitar. Easiest way to tell. Record a track with the VC set and then listen to it.
Thank you both, bdrepko and rickboot. I was playing at low volumes (that'll teach me), and my ears were playing tricks on me to where it really sounded like both voices were coming through the speaker. A 5 second recording test proved otherwise.

Thank you both, bdrepko and rickboot. I was playing at low volumes (that'll teach me), and my ears were playing tricks on me to where it really sounded like both voices were coming through the speaker. A 5 second recording test proved otherwise.
Many of us have discovered this the hard way. To use the Virtual Capo live, you need to either have the volume high enough that you can't hear the unamplified strings themselves, or you need to use headphones (preferably sealed ones).

Thanks Davus........ Will this even work as I get nothing when I go back to no smart bypass?

Which seems like the wrong setting for my purpose.

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 1.39.40 PM.png regular bypa

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom