Violin patch v13 with scenes + ultrares

simeon

Axe-Master
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=2232

Scene 1 - solo violin
Scene 2 - ensemble violins

Scene 2 uses the adsr for auto swell - if it doesn't work, check the threshold value

Don't forget to download the ultrares guitar body IR (attached) and point the cab block to it

Ensemble harmony is still set to A Aeolian / C major as before

this is what the old version sounded like. the new one doesn't sound much different...

Attachments

• gtrbody_ultrares.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 518
Last edited:
Very cool. Thank you Simeon.

FYI - I don't have time to play with it this morning, but I noticed that when I downloaded the patch on AXe-Change, the download is showing as "gtrbody_ultres" and the size of the file, 11KB looks like an IR vs. 6KB for many patches.

Just wondering if you uploaded the IR vs the patch to Axe-Change?

yep - thanks for the heads up. i uploaded the wrong file. i've updated the original post with a new link. if you're one of the 7 people who already downloaded it, please do so again. sorry about that!

Hi Simeon , I tried yesterday your violin v13 and I had the same " delay" looping and incrementing volumes crazy similar to the bug with previous saved block when the feedback laws for delays changed ...

Have someone had the same problem?? .... The problem started engaging scene 2....

I don't had very much time to verify because of lack of time but I want to fix it today ... This patch is pure beauty

Last edited:
are you on the latest firmware. did you "update all presets" when you upgraded? try doing that and if the problem persists, just set the feedback values to something sensible

Yer Simeon ... I'm on 13.0.7 , I always update patches in AE .... I'm going to check later ... Only thing ... When it starts and clips hard the output ( and my monitors ) only changing patch works ...

Maybe I have to set feedback at zero and save ... Going to another patch and back ... Because only changing feedback doesn't stops the terrible feedback of doom going on

Well ... In a few hours I'll be at home and I'll check it ... I can't fix this same issues with the ancient blocks shared before the FW change ... I hope I 'll be able this time .. This patch deserve it

Thank You Simeon ...

I'm going to explain watch happened ... I think is a sort of BUG ... But I've been able to fix your patch ... Love it !!

I tried to import your patch several times with AE and worked great on scene 1 but at the time to switch to scene 2 crazy feedback loop started...
I recognized the Multidelay as the source ... If the craziness started ... Even disengaging the Multidelay don't stops the super looping , I had to switch to another patch and back...

After few times importing and clearing , I stopped in search of a fix...
I tried the refresh blocks in AE , Refresh Cabs (who knows?! ) and refresh preset names ... Then closed AE ... Reboot the Axe and performed 2 times preset update from utility front panel
No joy until here
Backing to the preset , scene 2 looping crazy ness and hard clipping output even jumping back to scene 1 ... When it starts never ends
Of course Is the Multidelay block so I switch off my monitors and start tweaking the multidelay ...
Only way to,fix at first was to drop down the individual levels of the 4 voices of the QUAD TAP ....

Here is where I find a "possible" BUG .... Turning the feedback knobs of the 4 voices don't change the values but the delays still with feedback 100%
Second instance for this BUG ... Turning fully counterclockwise the feedback values change in -100% .... So turning fully the knob up and down generate only 2 values at the edges -100% and 100%

I changed type of delay... Now. I'm not able to remember but I tried few times to switch from quad tap and rhythm tap ...no joy ... Quad tap and quad-series ...no joy ... Quad tap and quad tape dly I found that is the first that have the same possibility to have negative feedback values and the knob actually worked ...
Now ... I was doing that for a while and I'm not sure but is possible that this was the "bug fix " ... Came back to quad tap and ...magic happens I was able to tweak feedback knob normally with full excursion of values between -100/100 %
Of course I saved the preset ... Changed and came back ... Now works !
I didn't know the correct values for the 4 voices so I start tweaking ( the thing was fixed but the values actually started to process in the right way by the 100% feedback ...

Second VERY STRANGE THING. That appended at this point ... I imported another time the same file of your patch and put the guitar body Ir inside ... Switched to scene 2... I was waiting for the GREAT LOOP OF DOOM and .... Nothing ... The patch was just fine ... I was able to see the correct values for the 4 voices 0-0-0-20.9 % .... Are this for sure , right ?!

Well ... Now I'm very happy with this wonderful violin emulation ... Thank you very much !!
I hope with this extensive post to help if someone else is experimenting this issue with your patch...
I think I'm gonna post a copy of this post in the Bug side of the forum ... Just in case ... Maybe It's something that I loosed when I've been tweaking ...

P.S. I tried your helpful recipes on controller on various patches made by me and tweaked to my taste .... THANK YOU , you are an Eye Opener to someone like me used to analog the last 10 years ... Actually I give up 1o years ago with a digit each 2112 legend if I remember the name

But the Axe is totally another beast of another age so .... ROCK ON !!!!!!!!

this was a known issue with the multidelays when the feedback parameters were changed to enable negative values in the last but one firmware update. you didn't seem to do the one thing that i suggested to fix it - go to the utility menu on the front panel and scroll down to "update all presets". glad you eventually got it working though

Thank You Simeon ... What a patch !!! So inspiring ... I just uploaded my first sound ever on Soundcloud and was a little melody played over your patch tweaked to taste .... Great !!!

Last edited:
mean..

thanks simon!

did a gig in the weekend, and since it was a high class venue kinda thing… i thought i would use ur violin patch for a couple of intstrumentsls- by the shadows-

it sound mean!!!

thanks

:eagerness:

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Violin v13 - by simeon

Scene 1 - solo violin
Scene 2 - ensemble violins

Scene 2 uses the adsr for auto swell - if it doesn't work, check the threshold value

Don't forget to download the ultrares guitar body IR (attached) and point the cab block to it

Ensemble harmony is still set to A Aeolian / C major as before

this is what the old version sounded like. the new one doesn't sound much different...

great preset Simeon! Will experiment with this one for sure. Any idea how to reduce or eliminate the noise from the other (maybe nor so well damped) strings. Even with my strats the normal single coil generate a tone even when all strings are dampened! I also found that these kind of synth preset generate more unwanted tones and feedback when played at band gig or rehearsal volume. Any ideas on how to reduce this? also for other synth patches.

Back
Top Bottom