Violin patch (+ Ensemble feature!)

Nothing like Simeons tasty playing but i wanted to share a quick clip of Simeon's preset. I messed a tad with modifiers & that's it. This was b/w sunday services i was just messing around with a few downloaded presets. Best part is at the end of the clip listen to the one lady that yells when she realizes it wasn't coming from a played track but from my guitar lol

Simeon by tuningfork'd on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

My head is exploding trying to figure out how to get my expression pedal and external switch to work. I will admit that I have never been able to wrap my head around external modifiers. Please someone just tell me what the settings are for XP1 and XS1. Do I have to change anything on the Axe itself?

I use the MFC101 and a modded crybaby that works fine for global input volume. The external switch is a Boss FS-5U.

Thanks anyone...

My head is exploding trying to figure out how to get my expression pedal and external switch to work. I will admit that I have never been able to wrap my head around external modifiers. Please someone just tell me what the settings are for XP1 and XS1. Do I have to change anything on the Axe itself?

I use the MFC101 and a modded crybaby that works fine for global input volume. The external switch is a Boss FS-5U.

Thanks anyone...

probably best posted in another thread in the mfc forum

Reactions: yek
This is a lot of fun! Thank you for posting it.

Not trying to rain on the parade, but does anybody else experience some low-mid hash when playing? Almost like noise, but it sounds digital, or like interference. It seems like it's associated with the Reso block. It is particularly noticeable when playing high notes like a high B in my case. It would be really sweet to get rid of that, but I can't figure out a way how.

This is a good patch. All this string fun reminds me of the intro of 'It's Darker Than You Think' from Carpathina Forest's 'Defending the Throne of Evil.'
Had to use the cello body IR because when I used the guitar IR, I got a massive jump in volume on the 5th and 6th frets on the 'd' string. Really weird, I think it might be realted to resonance becoming too great.
Apologies for the artifact noise though, dudes! I just can't eliminate it. Plus it doesn't help with three cellos on there, I suppose. Hope you don't grimace too much. Here it is anyway.
mr1234's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
@Simeon. Love the Moog patch as well, dude.

Simeon, I have used this live now and can say it works amazingly well in a band format too. I used it inside of a few songs where single string lines are in the original, and it flowed really well. We also do some country so I decided to try it on George Strait's "Amarillo by Morning" and it was amazing (as was the reaction from the audience and the band! It was a really good time to have this, as our keys player couldn't make the gig and he normally fills these slots.

A ton of fun, and one preset that will be staying in my gig setup! Thanks for the patch.

ok, i have two solutions to the terrible clipping that's occurring on the G and A notes.

1) put a compressor in just before the reverb. set threshold to -10, ratio to infinite, knee to hard and attack on 1.0. it'll only kick in when you play those notes. there's a resonance going on with the IR and the reso block (look at the two first frequencies - 200hz and 300hz - right around G and A!)

2) reduce cab size to 0.935 - this alters the tone very slightly, but kills the resonance dead

hope that helps!

sim

Hmm...no idea what that could be. Have you tried bypassing the blocks one at a time to locate where it's coming from?

Really? That's just sick...:twisted

Wow. Thank you for sharing. Gonna be another hour behind the axe doing some great stuff. :)

I'm new to the Axe and I can't get a violin sound out of this thing, all I get is a normal synth type sound. Any ideas what I need to do?
Read the OP. You need to load the cab that he provided, and point the cab block to it.

That really sounds like there's no cab sim going on. Are you sure you've got that acoustic cab loaded, and that the cab sim is enabled and pointing to the correct user slot?

That really sounds like there's no cab sim going on. Are you sure you've got that acoustic cab loaded, and that the cab sim is enabled and pointing to the correct user slot?

I've gone to Axe Manage, Under "AXE-EDIT" I went to cabs, then the gtrbody.syx file I right clicked and pushed "Send to..." then I clicked slot 9. Then I looked under the "AXE-FX" tab in the "User Cabs" slot and saw it was loaded in slot 9 and the speaker icon to the left was green. Then in Axe Edit I loaded the preset file, clicked the cab icon in the chain and set the cab to the user setting "gtrbody". Still just a synth sound. What am I missing?

Back
Top Bottom