Violin patch (+ Ensemble feature!)

You need to load the gtrbody.syx file into User Cab slot 9.

+!

Plus the preset uses Externals 1 (volume pedal) and 3 (to un-bypass both Pitch blocks and Delay).

Always wise to check for modifiers/controllers when using somebody else's preset.
Easily done by pushing Control on the front panel and scrolling to the Mods page (last page).
You'll see which blocks are using modifiers, so you only have to check those.

When there is some trouble at a gig and the drum guy (usually) cant get sorted fast enough, I always use some Simeon patch as short "intermission music". Its always a huge success and recieving numerous WTF!! from people in the bar ;)

This one will raise it to the next level :D

Thanks!

When there is some trouble at a gig and the drum guy (usually) cant get sorted fast enough, I always use some Simeon patch as short "intermission music". Its always a huge success and recieving numerous WTF!! from people in the bar ;)

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I have my own ear candy that I use during sound check/downtime (LOVE the 16-step sequencer - gets a reaction every time) but now I don't feel so dirty for throwing a Simeon preset in every now and then. I'm good at electronic/synthetic/robot stuff; Simeon has a bit more taste :)

MrGuitarabuse and Trias....yeah, i do that too sometimes. i usually play a few notes into a massive ambient looping preset and then put the guitar down and walk away with the loop running. so funny seeing the looks on some people's faces...as if to say..."hey, how did you do that?!" :)

Ok, I have downloaded it today and I MUST say that this is so amazing and sooo nice at the same time I couldn't believe it. One of the best presets I have ever ever seen. :) I will use it for sure!

well i think most of the credit should go to "3 chord rock"... i did a few tweaks, like add the drive and compression for more sustain and obviously i added the pitch shifters and delay, but the core tone is all his...i didn't change that at all. i messed with the cab size and the resonator frequencies and levels, but ended up leaving them at default.

the real "find" was introducing the delays into the pitch shifters, because this "offsets" the vibratos in each voice and gives that lovely richness. when you swell in each note quite slowly, you don't notice the offsets so much and they give that added realism. sounds just fine without the added delay block too...worth trying without to see if you prefer it that way.

well i just lost an hour and a half messing with it

i wasn't too keen on the cello_long ir, but i did like the viola_good ir i found along with it, so i blended that with the guitar body ir in a stereo cab
i changed the dual delay for a quad tap
i added another line around the synths to carry some dry guitar signal into the cab. i added a peq to filter out all but the highest frequencies and added a volume block controlled by the adsr to let only the attack portion through. one of the things i thought was missing from the original sound, was the "bow scrape"...especially on the lower notes... so that kinda puts some of that back in now.
i also set up the master frequency in the resonator to be slightly tweaked by envelope, which seems to help with the realism and i also set the lfo's to sweep the fine tuners in the pitch blocks a little bit...again, adding more movement and lushness

sounding great!

btw, the cello ir does sound really good if you stick to lower notes, but not so good on very high notes. i might try again and mess with the cab size parameter at some point...

Heres a quick video of me faffing around with it earlier!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151689400695500

Will you be sharing your update simeon? Had some great fun with this. People will be stumped even more than before live now. The only thing I suffer with which is par for the course still I guess- synth blur causing the odd obnoctious artifact. I actually have a Roland synth setup here which i havent used for a few years (GI-20/GK-3 combo). Even that had tracking issues so this is technically fabulous!

Im guessing you have a some midi information going on live as well? It crossed my mind wondering what the latest and greatest piece of guitar synth equipment was the other day, so I had a quick google and it looks like its totally dried up (which i cant believe!)

Last edited:
Simeon, thank you very much for sharing this!!

I will also use this live... and I'll always give you credit if anyone asks.

Thanks again

MrGuitarabuse and Trias....yeah, i do that too sometimes. i usually play a few notes into a massive ambient looping preset and then put the guitar down and walk away with the loop running. so funny seeing the looks on some people's faces...as if to say..."hey, how did you do that?!" :)

Oh maan... gotta try the "walk away" trick, perhaps fetch a beer while its still going on and on ;)

I don't get how to use this :( idk how to put it in my axe even though i've done what the wiki said but i get no sound. Can anyone help?

Thanks Rex, I tried it already but no sound comes out of the axe. Now that i've tried looking at the user cabs the speaker icons appear 'Red' rather than green..

Back
Top Bottom