Violin patch (+ Ensemble feature!)

simeon

Axe-Master
ok, can't take full credit for this, because it's based on a patch posted by "3 Chord Rock" some time ago on the Ultra forum. i've ported it over to the axe fx II and added a cool ensemble feature, which you can hear in the demo

the advantage we II users have over the ultra users, is the cab size parameter - small tweaks to this make a big difference to the tone in this patch and if i were to multitrack this on something, i would probably make very small tweaks to the cab size between each take for maximum authenticity

this patch has made me smile all afternoon - i hope it does the same for you! :)

10 extra points to whoever can spot the tune i'm quoting at the beginning of the demo, before i hit Ext3 and go all Vienna :)

Ext1 is tied to the volume block.

the ensemble is created with two intelligent pitch shifters, both currently set to A Aeolian

you''ll need the IR as well, so load that up and point the cab to it

demo...

patch and IR...

Incredible. I have to get my rig unpacked, hooked up and get this into it. Unbelievable.

Totally blown away. Cannot thank you enough for sharing this with us; totally in gratitude here.

EXTREEEEMME

Like Mr. Peterson I need this to be a part of my waepons-arsenal.

Greetings

AAEN

And the unfolding of this massive folded picture of harmony through aural beauty continues.. thank you.

thanks guys. it's a real doozie! be prepared to lose an hour!

responds amazingly well to slides, too - during my experimentations this afternoon, i had the pitch shifters set to no shift and octaves below (with no delay). sliding around the fretboard, it reminded me of one of those fabulous Indian orchestras that do all those amazing slides between notes.

listening back to the demo, it might be worth having a look at the delay settings - i think i put some modulation in there and i'm not sure it needs it - either take it out altogether, or perhaps increase the rate to about 4Hz for extra lushness...it just sounds a bit "phasey" at the moment

i'm sure with a bit of extra tweaking, this patch could be totally amazing

enjoy!

s

oh yeah - the other cool thing to try is to take out the delay altogether (or just set input gain to zero) - you can then have fun with the pitch shifters...play a single short note and listen to the response from the shifters.....then play in triplets across the beat....better than sex, i'm telling you! :)

(well, maybe not, but superfun, nonetheless)

Hoppa's Viooltjes preset was the best string ensemble preset so far.
I even use it live.

But it seems like there's a new king. Sounds magnificent! You're on a roll, Simeon.

I am dusting off my pagey bow and pretending I am doing this (instead of your gorgeous, wondrous, patch).

Amazing sound!!!!!!!!! I'm blown away... kudos!!! I downloaded it tho and its not wanting to work. Is there something possibly
I may be missing???? Ive gotten others before and didnt have a problem. I admit I am still "Green" when it comes to the axe II
as Ive only had it a month or so.

Thanks for posting and keep up the great work!

I'm still tweaking my axe 2 and I was dreading recreating 3 chord rock's violin patch. Thank you thank you simeon!

Absolutely lovely. There are sounds in there that could pass for wavetable samples.

Back
Top Bottom