AFIII Violin & Cello

@NeoSound i have the preset setup like this..see the attached image.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 8.00.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 8.00.24 PM.png
    357 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
For some reason I cannot get the violin patch to work and sound anything like the sample. I've loaded the preset and using the provided IR in Cab slot 1. Sounds very synthy and thin... I feel like I must be doing something wrong, but this is very cool by the sounds of it!

For some reason I cannot get the violin patch to work and sound anything like the sample. I've loaded the preset and using the provided IR in Cab slot 1. Sounds very synthy and thin... I feel like I must be doing something wrong, but this is very cool by the sounds of it!

I have the ingredients put together for a version of this and the violin ensemble patch combined. Just need to set up scenes (mostly). It was scaled down to work with the FM9. Also believe it will work with the FM3. I've been covered up with work the last few months but will try to complete the patch soon.

Something you can do to reduce the synthy sound is play with the levels of the 3 voices in the synth block, no need to change anything else. Too much of certain ones seem to cause phase issues and the synthy thing. Even though the synth isn't updated, this has changed with firmwares from time to time through the years and causes the patch to be in need of being re-tweaked. Have never figured out why?

Can't hear what should I do?
Can't hear what should I do?
Axe FX III only patch. I have a toned-down version for the FM9 that's a work in progress, I believe it will work on the FM3 also.

Edit:
Looking at your picture above move the right comp and reverb blocks three spaces left, keep the same order, then after the reverb drop the enhancer block, then out1. Make sure they are connected and you should have sound. Also drag the cab block to in-between peq and tentap blocks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom