Violin and strings

LMO can you post a screen shot from your ultra? I will rebuild it on the axe FX II

synth1v1.jpg

synth1v2.jpg

synth2v1.jpg

synth2v2.jpg

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Hi Metalshred
Are we talking about the "violin.syx" patch? That's the one I'm auditioning which so far doesn't even remotely resemble a violin. I wonder what I've done wrong?? Thoughts anybody?
I suspect that you need to adjust your playing technique to get it to sound right. Use a lot of vibrato and see if that helps.

335twang, not sure what your doing but you have to play lightly and vibrato helps like LMO said,its a techniqe you have to mess with.

Hi Metalshred
Are we talking about the "violin.syx" patch? That's the one I'm auditioning which so far doesn't even remotely resemble a violin. I wonder what I've done wrong?? Thoughts anybody?

couple of things with the violin patches. You HAVE to use an acoustic IR to get a good sound (i think) and like others said, touch is very important, being gentle, and playing Violin like lines. Remember, it monophonic, so only 1 note can be played at a time. Combine that with Vibrato and you should get fairly convincing violin sounds.

I've translated to the Axe-II, and i don't have an acoustic IR for the II yet, and it sounds fairly weak. Gotta find one to really make the patch gel like it did on the ultra.

... i don't have an acoustic IR for the II yet, and it sounds fairly weak. Gotta find one to really make the patch gel like it did on the ultra.
I uploaded one on this THREAD. I'd be interested to hear how it works for you as I don't have a II yet.

here is the original ultra violin patch ported over to the II with added ensemble feature. it's for v13, so let me know if it doesn't work and i'll update it. i'm the original creator of the patch for the II.

here's a recording of the patch...listen all the way to the end for ensemble strings...

the original patch uses external controllers, so i may update it today for scenes. i think it would be easier for a lot of people.

Back
Top Bottom