Vintage Preamps

markmusicman

Experienced
I'm not sure how many users here have been using preamps and for how long but I have been using the preamp model since the early 80s. I started out with a Fender Deluxe reverb in the early 70s and used it at full volume for many years performing. Eventually I started using pedals to develop distortion and used the Fender set up for clean tones. One of the first pedals I implemented was the MXR distortion plus, at the time this was a great pedal. I then starting using preamps and I cant remember the model # but I had a Yamaha preamp that was a great unit, Ill have to see if I can look it up and find the unit I used. After that I used a Pearce preamp that was build in Buffalo NY by Dan Pearce. This unit is a great preamp not only developing great distortion tones but also great clean tones. It also let you mix channels one and two together, I still have my Pearce preamp and love it. Over the years I also purchased the Boss GT-6, 8, and 10 I was able to get some great tones with those pedals also. After those pedals I purchased an Eleven rack and now I own a Axe FX 2. How many others here have used Preamps over the years? I thought it would be cool to share my tone development and look forward to hearing about yours.
Markmusicman

Back
Top Bottom