Vintage Marshall Plexi?

Thanks for the suggestion, Simon, I browsed over to his website and downloaded the bundle. Good sound and the price was right...free! Turning off the bright switch and compensating a little with more treble is a good idea. Glenn DeLaune employed that same trick while building his patches, sounds much better IMO too!

I don't see a plexi cab in the bundle... do you mean the cab that comes with his plexi preset?

The amp in that video sounds more compressed than a vintage Plexi.... sounds more like a JCM 800 to me. The early Marshall's have got to be some of the most "presetted" amp model for the II - I've seen patches everywhere. Some are better than others and I have some really good ones (see video below). Also, since the Plexi is nearly identical in circuit design to the Fender Bassman, check out some of those patches too.

What an awesome song and so so beautiful sounds

the one i use like this is the plexi 50w 6550. bass, mid, treb and pres all on 10 with bright off. gain on about 6-7. try it through the LM brit and factory 58 (tv mix C1 ML) together.

goose it with the microboost (cut some bottom and top and boost the mid slightly). drive on 5, level on 3

for lead i use the fet boost (silicon clip type, low cut = 80, high cut = 3.3k, mid = 2. drive on 6, level on 7.5)

I tried turning off the bright switch on my preset that uses the Plexi 50W High amp. It cut the gain by a good deal, even after turning up the treble and presence to match brightness. I prefer the bright switch on, at least with that amp.

Love those ML cabs and presets. I've already immediately incorporated some of them into the presets for my band routine.

yeah, it doesn't work well with all flavours. ones that are bright (i think that's the bright cap value) tend to work best. try my suggestion above.

Glenn's Marshall presets sound awesome with LM's 4X12 cab!
I'll give it a try! I've bought a good deal of paid presets in the past, and I have to say I use Glenn's "pedal platform patches" and some of his free ones on the Axe-change the most. They're so versatile. I've replaced most of the cabs in his presets with my own custom cabs now. They sit very well in a live band mix. Grab his free Dumble preset on the Axe-change... I love it for certain songs.

the one i use like this is the plexi 50w 6550. bass, mid, treb and pres all on 10 with bright off. gain on about 6-7. try it through the LM brit and factory 58 (tv mix C1 ML) together.

goose it with the microboost (cut some bottom and top and boost the mid slightly). drive on 5, level on 3

for lead i use the fet boost (silicon clip type, low cut = 80, high cut = 3.3k, mid = 2. drive on 6, level on 7.5)
Definitely will give this a try as soon as I can.

Thanks for the suggestion, Simeon, I browsed over to his website and downloaded the bundle. Good sound and the price was right...free! Turning off the bright switch and compensating a little with more treble is a good idea. Glenn DeLaune employed that same trick while building his patches, sounds much better IMO too!

What presets from Larry are you guys referencing? I looked up his website, but didn't see anything.

I still use a couple of Larry's IR's from a few years back, so I was curious about what else he may have shared over time.

I think a great plexi sound is super simple to dial in on the Axe, anything from Free to ACDC to EVH. Make sure you use an old basket weave with 20s or 25s

Back
Top Bottom