Video - Went geek deep into comparing the Axe-Fx III vs Axe-Fx II

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor

So I wanted to play through the Axe-Fx III and the Axe-Fx II with quick switching to really compare the playability and feel side by side and came up with this preset that allows me to do so. Here's a video of me comparing some amps and different settings.

The end result was that "maybe" the Axe-Fx II is a bit more scooped than the Axe-Fx III. The Axe-Fx III's compression is a tad more natural sounding to me but at the moment they're very close to each other when using the same IR.

Check the video for sound samples and more information. :)

I'll shamefully admit that I haven't really heard huge differences in some of the firmware updates in Quantum although I know they're technically huge improvements. Here though it's undeniable that there's already a slight "betterness" to it. Could all be better converters or something if the firmware is still the same but nonetheless it feels and sounds better in my opinion.

I'll shamefully admit that I haven't really heard huge differences in some of the firmware updates in Quantum although I know they're technically huge improvements. Here though it's undeniable that there's already a slight "betterness" to it. Could all be better converters or something if the firmware is still the same but nonetheless it feels and sounds better in my opinion.

I remember Cliff posting somewhere that the Axe Fx 2 was at it's limits and there was no room to implement some of the coding to push the simulation further and that capacity of Axe Fx 3 makes this possible.

So I think it's both, FW and converters. And it just started :)

Yeah I think I remember him saying something about having way more advanced modeling but it would be too CPU heavy for the Axe-Fx II.

Back
Top Bottom