Video - Updating Internal Firmware | FC-6 & FC-12

chris

Owner's Manual Reader
these instructions are very old by now, so i've removed the video as it's not current.
Most of the FC series updates will come through the Axe-Fx III Firmware. But there is an Internal Firmware on the FC series and it needs to be updated from time to time. This video shows how to do that. The process is exactly the same for the FC-6 or the FC-12.

Last edited:
I used this video as a guide to update the FC6 with my FM3 and it doesn't work. I´m on PC and the utility option is there without the need to hold ctrl, then it's "FM3 communications Port (COM6)", the chose 1.12 fw, then send. The sending meter goes to 100% an then back to the same screen. There is no confirmation pop-up, like in the video. Am I missing something?
That's an old video. You don't need the utility menu anymore. Just follow the instructions that came with the firmware

Hmm...I have tried multiple times on my FC6 and everytime I reboot...the firmware still remains 1.6. Have you heard of any issues with updating? I am on a M1 mac..I wonder if that is causing an issue...but I just updated the FM3 with no problems...hmmm...

Hmm...I have tried multiple times on my FC6 and everytime I reboot...the firmware still remains 1.6. Have you heard of any issues with updating? I am on a M1 mac..I wonder if that is causing an issue...but I just updated the FM3 with no problems...hmmm...
Are you following the directions provided with the firmware, or something else?

this video is actually very old, and i didn't know this thread was still around.

now the process is open Fractal-Bot
drag the FC update file to step 2.
press Start.
when it's done, unplug the FC XLR and plug it back in.

that's it!

i'm going to edit the first post to take the video out as it's very outdated.

hi guys, planning to buy an FC either 6 or 12 is there a video that guides how to update the firmware? sorry did not search other thread other than this one.

from mac fractal bot then USB going to axe fx III then xlr cable connected from axe fx III to fc device? is there a way to communicate directly to update the firmware itself to the device or need to go thru the axe fx III?

thanks in advance!

hi guys, planning to buy an FC either 6 or 12 is there a video that guides how to update the firmware? sorry did not search other thread other than this one.

from mac fractal bot then USB going to axe fx III then xlr cable connected from axe fx III to fc device? is there a way to communicate directly to update the firmware itself to the device or need to go thru the axe fx III?

thanks in advance!
If you are buying new you shouldn’t need to do anything as the FC should be on the current version.

If not, the update comes with instructions how to do the update. Read the documents to start. It’s an easy process. Keep the FC connected to the FX3 and the software will do the right thing.

Fractal-Bot is built-into the editor and is found in the Tools menu. It’ll be as up-to-date as the Edit application.

Last edited:
If you are buying new you shouldn’t need to do anything as the FC should be on the current version.

If not, the update comes with instructions how to do the update. Read the documents to start. It’s an easy process. Keep the FC connected to the FX3 and the software will do the right thing.

Fractal-Bot is built-into the editor and is found in the Tools menu. It’ll be as up-to-date as the Edit application.
thanks greg and will do that!

Back
Top Bottom