Video tutorial on loading the new V5 preset banks on to your Axe FX

Can you change those values to 128/90 and see if that makes a difference ?

I tried the values you recommended but it didn't work either. However, please note that the behavior of the buffer delay control is strange. For example, when I go to the Axe-Fx MIDI I/O tab, the advanced section lets me change the MIDI buffer size but the delay control beneath (Axe-Fx II USB) is sometimes greyed out, and other times I can change the value. I'm not sure what controls this feature? When I am able to change the buffer delay value then that value does not get remembered since if I exit the dialog and re-enter it the delay value is back to zero and greyed out. Note that the buffer size control does remember its value after re-entering the settings dialog. Weird!

I tried the values you recommended but it didn't work either. However, please note that the behavior of the buffer delay control is strange. For example, when I go to the Axe-Fx MIDI I/O tab, the advanced section lets me change the MIDI buffer size but the delay control beneath (Axe-Fx II USB) is sometimes greyed out, and other times I can change the value. I'm not sure what controls this feature? When I am able to change the buffer delay value then that value does not get remembered since if I exit the dialog and re-enter it the delay value is back to zero and greyed out. Note that the buffer size control does remember its value after re-entering the settings dialog. Weird!
Sounds to me like an issue with the driver interface on XP ?

Ditto!

I've been playing around this evening with all the cool new goodies that Fractal released today. I still have problems loading banks to the Axe II from Axe-Edit and to be honest, with all the cool new stuff coming out I wasn't expecting that this would be fixed yet. However, the first time I tried this evening, with new firmware 6 and new Axe-Edit, the Axe-Manage dialog proceeded to upload preset 1, 2, 3, 4 and then stopped. This is the first time I've ever seen any activity beyond the first preset so something has definitely changed. :eek: Maybe you guys will have better luck. Anyway, my main method for loading banks of patches is still via the C6 MIDI Filer as described here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-e...update-banks-axeii-problems-3.html#post633356

Now back to enjoying the new firmware!

This is just brilliant.
Winging it, I downloaded and unzipped the preset banks, got as far as moving the banks to where they live on my drive, and got lost after that.
I came straight over here and in two seconds found Manny's Vid, did the deed and I'm all set.
I'm still waiting for the maker of a competitor's product to get back to me for support after a year.
What they say about Fractal Support Community is all true!!

Thanks a million you guys!

Space Firebird said:
This is just brilliant.
Winging it, I downloaded and unzipped the preset banks, got as far as moving the banks to where they live on my drive, and got lost after that.
I came straight over here and in two seconds found Manny's Vid, did the deed and I'm all set.
I'm still waiting for the maker of a competitor's product to get back to me for support after a year.
What they say about Fractal Support Community is all true!!

Thanks a million you guys!

Happy to help, and enjoy FW 6 it's amazing!!!

Back
Top Bottom