Video: The Power Of A Single Preset [updated 2018 video]

Exactly. It's not worth your valuable time.

Yes, it's expensive, but high-quality, smart design, and the same top-notch customer service are absolutely worth it.

Nope. I could elaborate. I won't because you've got your mind made up already.

It's okay. Yes, it's very expensive. But it totally allow me to set my workflow and stuff the way I want it. In my eyes it's perfect.

The Liquid-Foot has similar features and is cheaper. But it's support is far less stellar.

Thanks guys. Here's the preset. It's for the XL.

I stripped the links to global blocks. And replaced an user cab (Cab Pack 14: 4x12 TV) with factory Cab #60.

Hi Yek,
love your setup and posts you do on the forum
sorry for asking as i do know you have xl and i have mkii and those do not match.
but there is feature to use blocks from xl into mkii, never used it though
but wanna try your setup and sounds and learn from your settings

would it be possible to have this preset blocks from xl to save as block instead, so i do have a change to see settings and rebuild your patch to mkii (not fully, as i have mfc and mkii).

super thanks in advance!
i will then of course in return build them and post it for axe fx2 users that do not own (but want haha) an xl or xl+.

Well, I can do so, but the block settings do not translate 100%.
Most settings are okay, but there are some differences.

Love that preset. I have the same set up and I'm really excited to give this one a shot. Hoping to learn and get some new ideas.

Sorry but I'm new to the forum and a little confused. When I've selected the links provided it takes me to a log in page and everything is in Dutch. I did do a quick search in the Axe-Exchange but all I see is a preset for the Axe-II and my version is the XL+ (not sure if that matters).

Anyway, if anybody would help guide me I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks and awesome work Yek!

Hi Yek - any chance you could re-insert the picture of the preset please? It has gone from the first page (or the link does not work).

Cheers, Gilesy

Last edited:
Hi Yek,
love your setup and posts you do on the forum
sorry for asking as i do know you have xl and i have mkii and those do not match.
but there is feature to use blocks from xl into mkii, never used it though
but wanna try your setup and sounds and learn from your settings

would it be possible to have this preset blocks from xl to save as block instead, so i do have a change to see settings and rebuild your patch to mkii (not fully, as i have mfc and mkii).

super thanks in advance!
i will then of course in return build them and post it for axe fx2 users that do not own (but want haha) an xl or xl+.

Musicman0001 - that would be outstanding!

Last edited:
Hi Yek

I would really appreciate it if you were willing to share the CSV file of your single preset, to allow us FXII to benefit from your knowledge and experience. Hope this is possible.

Thanks in advance, Gilesy.

I will, but I'm running beta firmware at the moment, which may not work for you.
I'll post it after the next firmware release.

yek, you sir are a star! This was an awesome video! Very informative and actually scary as it shows how in depth the axe can be used. I'm actually floored you go that crazy (meant in a good way) with it. How do you remember everything? That is some serious stuff...wow! Your accent is killer....don't ever worry about stuff like that, man. When you provide helpful stuff like this, it matters not if English is your native language or not. This was a gift to all of us.

Really enjoyed this though, seriously. That pedalboard seems like it can do more than the MFC, or maybe I need to read up on how far the MFC can go? I love how the wording changes on your patches as well. Though I love my MFC, I would love some of the stuff I've seen in yours.

I have a question for you, if I may? Do you ever hit other buttons by accident? That's my only issue with my MFC. I have little feet, but man, it seems like the buttons are a little close at times. I have an old Rocktron Bradshaw switching system that I've gotten used to that has longer distances (also a bit bigger) so it's taken me some time to get used to the MFC. At any rate, thanks again for posting this!

Hi Danny,

I know what you mean, the MFC's switches indeed are a bit close to each other.
No problem with the spacing of the switches on the RJM.

In the meantime I changed the layout on the RJM. I should post an updated video sometime.

The video showed my default preset. I use dedicated presets with scenes for all songs of the bands I play.
I use scenes for song sections, very handy. The RJM allows me to name the scenes, so that helps with the workflow.
The presets also indicate the song tempo.

Back
Top Bottom