Video: The Power Of A Single Preset [updated 2018 video]

Hi Danny,

I know what you mean, the MFC's switches indeed are a bit close to each other.
No problem with the spacing of the switches on the RJM.

In the meantime I changed the layout on the RJM. I should post an updated video sometime.

The video showed my default preset. I use dedicated presets with scenes for all songs of the bands I play.
I use scenes for song sections, very handy. The RJM allows me to name the scenes, so that helps with the workflow.
The presets also indicate the song tempo.

Whew that's amazing! It almost makes me wish I would have gotten the RJM. Though I don't feel I would ever use it as extensively as you do, the whole text changing ability for scenes would really help me out. I have my scenes memorized and know where each is...but sometimes, while really in a deep moment on stage....I'll definitely press the wrong button. My biggest issue with the MFC is accidentally hitting two buttons as once and the wrong one always seems to the be the one that gets pressed. Or I try to hit "reveal" and end up hitting "edit" or "increment" or something and end up playing a clean sound when a lead sound should be up in a scene. It's definitely taken some getting used to for sure.

I'm in need of another pedal board. Did I read that the RJM was like $1800 USD? If so...YIKES! LOL! At any rate...thanks for all you do, yek...you're very helpful and appreciated. :)

Well, I can do so, but the block settings do not translate 100%.
Most settings are okay, but there are some differences.

With the new XL to MKii tool it's not needed anymore. It's a beta and not 100% but for 99% it works.
Which LINK can I get your latest preset?
(tried old one, but got a errormessage)

Thanks!

hmm i've shown my main preset in my live streams, which is similar in complexity to yek's, and i use an MMGT 16. maybe i'll showcase it in a vid to continue this conversation :)

ZK07cbnl.png

the mmgt definitely lets me use more of the axe, mostly due to multiple pages of buttons, but many of the other intuitive features RJM has programmed into it.

i also use 2 other units - an infinity looper pedal and a behringer xr12 mixer (or x32). i completely control the looper pedal via MIDI with the MMGT and control reverb on/off on the xr12 mixer as well. it's just so awesome having that much control!

I'll show mine, if you show me yours ;)
(especially after the Gay Bar comment this can be kinda strange comment hahaha)

So did you post it Chris?

It's okay. Yes, it's very expensive. But it totally allow me to set my workflow and stuff the way I want it. In my eyes it's perfect.

The Liquid-Foot has similar features and is cheaper. But it's support is far less stellar.
Thanks Yek.
I have a liquid foot and today I am sending it back because of the lack of support for the unit. I am thinking about shilling out the duckets for a mastermind. Couple of questions. What is the customer support like? How solid is the build? How many bugs have you found with the unit?

I think the Liquid Foot is a good idea and very attractive for the price but due to the bug factor and lack of support its not even close to an option for me. I will go back to the clunky MFC if need be. Is the mastermind worth the doughnuts?

Thanks,

Maxolla

I can't answer that for you.

To me the GT/22 is so useful that it makes me keep bringing my Axe-Fx instead of the AX8.

Support is wonderful. Firmware has always been solid. Minor bugs are always fixed quickly, and Ron has fulfilled many of my requests/wishes.

I got one too now Yek lol! Trying to figure out how to assign effects blocks to each preset and haven't been successful yet. When I assign the buttons they stay the same when I change channels.

I got one too now Yek lol! Trying to figure out how to assign effects blocks to each preset and haven't been successful yet. When I assign the buttons they stay the same when I change channels.

The MM requires (just like the MFC) that you assign buttons to effects on forehand.
Then, if you run the Axe-Fx as master, the MM will see which effects are in an Axe-Fx preset, and it will engage or bypass the assigned buttons accordingly.

So the MM does not automatically assign buttons to effects, per preset. That would not be handy anyway, because it can't determine he order or what to do if there are too many effects etc.

What are the main advantages of getting this floorboard you have Yek vs. getting the one offered by Fractal?

The MFC is a wonderful controller. If you want to go beyond that, the RJM fills in the gaps. Too many features to mention.

due to your preset and daily amp thing I also use the friedman dirty shirley (love the name too haha).

question on the volume with envelope, i made a copy of that block and used it. but noticed that when using it i lost some gain/volume so i removed it again.

i loved the idea as it looks like it will act as a silencer, sort of noicegate silencer thing.

did i use it incorrect or you have similar experience when removing the block makes it more bright more volume/gain?

What are the main advantages of getting this floorboard you have Yek vs. getting the one offered by Fractal?
mfc 101 (i use one) is also very capable, but has less features at once capability.
in other words, you need to program more presets to get same result.
and as it also has more pages & pressbuttons the rjm has definitely more room for more stomps assigned.

so for "normal" use the mfc is great tool, to have more options and instant acces (and lcd scribble) you want the rjm.

Can you post the Envelope controller settings, and the Volume block settings?

Can you post the Envelope controller settings, and the Volume block settings?
will do when i have access. now on ipad going through forum.

guess you do not have same result. could be transfer from xl to mkii with tool. as i realy hoped it was a silencer thingy as noisegate i do not like to use on low volume gain sounds as dynamics and frequencies disapear.

so its a silencer?

Nope, the Volume block at the start of the grid does "automatic volume swells". Like the old Boss Slow Gear pedal.
You mute the strings, then hit a note or chord, and the level will rise. I love that stuff with lots of reverb, and/or delay.

This is how my mkii has it saved with the tool.

Aha,
A completely different usage then I expected..
But if one uses this is such a way that volume is FULLY open (by envelope) and when nothing happens volume is competely ZERO at beginning or place one at the end (or even both) of everything one can build a sort of silencer. I guess?

Attachments

• YEK MAIN.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom