VIDEO: The power of a cab block

You're welcome! Yeah, the thing about our virtual world is....most times you have to come up with what works for you, even if it seems to be extreme.

Case in point, if you check out the presets FAS gave us with Larry playing on them, for his tone, he has the bass completely off on one of those presets. We have to do what sounds good to us.

Sometimes we have good starting points and we can edit and carve, other times you gotta build from the ground up. One thing I really love is the onboard cab power we have in the XL+. I dance around in that and can pretty much make my own cabs.

They come out so good, I'm happier with my own creations than the purchased cabs. But hey, whatever works, right? :)

Yep makes a lot of sense.

I was going to suggest a "cab wizard" so you can build your own cab from the ground up instead of modifying existing ones. I find the biggest problem I have is finding the right cab for the tone I want rather than guessing and auditioning. If I had the facility to step through a wizard I could create whatever I wanted.

Who knows - maybe a bit too much of a wacky idea for now.

Yep makes a lot of sense.

I was going to suggest a "cab wizard" so you can build your own cab from the ground up instead of modifying existing ones. I find the biggest problem I have is finding the right cab for the tone I want rather than guessing and auditioning. If I had the facility to step through a wizard I could create whatever I wanted.

Who knows - maybe a bit too much of a wacky idea for now.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, that's what cab lab does. I even heard it may be free or something? Can anyone confirm or point us in the right direction?

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, that's what cab lab does. I even heard it may be free or something? Can anyone confirm or point us in the right direction?
Cab-Lab works with, mixes and massages existing IRs. Cab-Lab Lite is a free version with limited functionality.

Thanks for clarifying @Rex and @Danny Danzi

There isn't enough hours in the day with the Axe FX

Tell me about it! Remember when Xbox came out? Quite a few dudes got "X" girlfriends because of it. I think this little black box may be worse! I feel like a scientist messing with this stuff sometimes. I can't fathom what it must be like to be Cliff. LOL!

Tell me about it! Remember when Xbox came out? Quite a few dudes got "X" girlfriends because of it. I think this little black box may be worse! I feel like a scientist messing with this stuff sometimes. I can't fathom what it must be like to be Cliff. LOL!

Ha !

Back
Top Bottom