VIDEO: Sterling By Music Man JP70 vs Ernie Ball Music Man JP7

LucasLeCompte

Experienced
Did a little review of these two guitars. All guitar and bass was tracked with the Axe FX II. You can find my rhythm and lead patches on axechange. I used the Spawn channel 3 for the amp and Clark's Mesa 4x12 UR IR.

I´ve testet the Sterling JP´s and the neck is so much thicker than the real ones. If you like the thin necks on 7 strings I would buy the real ones or the Ibanez Premium loaded with Illuminators.. ;)

Oh yes the leads are out of tune..

I wish you success in the future.
Long nails on his left hand does not interfere with play?

0, forget the scales you just practiced for several hours.
1, Hum a melody over the backing track, that you come up with and you like.
2, Find the notes on the guitar.
3, Come up with fingering.

+ bonus: learn about music theory. It helps you to connect the dots between which chords work with what scales in a certain key. This will help you to prevent accidentally playing a scale in the wrong key.

This is just as important as creating good tones.

Have fun!

Some months ago i did a setup to a friends Sterling and i was really blown by just how great of a guitar it is, my friend replaced the pickups with the ones found in the MMJP and it sounded great, played just as good as the real thing, done a few setups on the expensive ones, and i really want the Sterling 7 string version, it is just as good in quality as those PRS SE and that is saying a lot.

Back
Top Bottom