[Video] Stand-In Switches explained

I have run into an issue with assignment using the 2 button FS-6 from Boss. I have the first assignment in button 9 (axe-edit) as the tempo and Tuner(hold). I have a TRS cable going into the both slot of the FS-6. No matter what I do, the B button is always the active button for those selections FC1FS1. I have the FC1FS1 set to master button 9 and the utility tun/tmp pressing button B gets me the tempo, holding B gets me the tuner. Not sure how to make button B the first button as expected.
I’m not completely clear on what you’re asking for here, but if you want the two footswitches to show up in reverse order, you’ll have to rewire your TRS cable.

In this video, I explain the basics of Stand-In Switches, how to assign them, several use cases, and strategies for organizing their assignments in various places. I also show the basics of adding switches to the FC controller.

This moment, right here:
Screen%20Shot%202019-07-27%20at%206.28.59%20PM%20copy.png

THANK YOU!! I was wondering where I would be able to define these without wasting spots in the other 8 layouts....

And, folks, when he says they can do anything a regular switch can, it includes accepting Per-Preset Overrides, so you can use them for all kinds of useful stuff!

I just went and set up the empty slots on my Master Layout to have Per-Preset Placeholders for PPFC #21 - #24 inclusive, so all I need do to drop a switch function on a remote stand-in switch is set it up on those PPFC slots. Currently using 23 for Layout/Tuner and 24 for Bank +1/-1 functions. These might be configured in the future to choose a different pair of layouts or a different range of banks, which would be helpful for doing setlists for different bands, or whatever. :)

THIS ^^^^ is why the FC pedals are worth the coin and then some. Excited like a little kid with a $20 bill in a candy store.... :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom