VIDEO: Sails Of Charon Intro (Cover) - Scorpions - Sean Ashe Axe FX II JCM800

Sean Ashe

Power User
Hey everyone, Sean Ashe here with a new youtube upload! For this video, I decided to do a cover of Sails Of Charon, by the Scorpions! My dad showed me this song awhile back and I knew I'd have to eventually learn it and put a video up of it, because it's such a cool song with an awesome guitar part! All guitars and bass are through the Fractal Axe FX II, and drums are a mixture of superior 2.0 and various samples. I really hope you like it :)

My signal chain is just guitar into Axe FX. Using a tubescreamer into a JCM800 model! The patch is available for download, just go to the video and the link is in the description!

Yeah, cool oriental feel on that song!:razz
Great playing, as always. And many thanks for the patch...

Thumb up! Really good playing and realization.

Edit: dumb question but how did you manage to get the drum part? Do you program each drum notes by hand (when no samples are involved) ?

good stuff... still in the egg farming business ;)

people wonder where yngwie got a lot of his licks. Yngiwes version is pretty sweet too.

Nice work Sean! This is one my top 10 guitar solos EVER, been so for what 30 years now? Was groundbreaking work with diminished scales for guitar...a la Paganini....I'd like the tablature please! <smile> Well done!

Nice work Sean! This is one my top 10 guitar solos EVER, been so for what 30 years now? Was groundbreaking work with diminished scales for guitar...a la Paganini....I'd like the tablature please! <smile> Well done!

Yea it's such an awesome solo and just like slowing it down and really hearing him play it with such articulation and expression is mind blowing for it being so old. And for the tab, i actually went off of a video on youtube of him explaining it, but there are actually several sections that he shows, where he shows the wrong notes. I slowed it down with Amazing slow downer to get the notes, but his video IS very helpful!

I got a private message on youtube saying someone had a problem importing the patch I posted, and I just want to know if anyone else had problems or if it worked. thanks

Never heard of this song before. Will have to check it out now though! :p

By the way, immaculate technique. Was actually pretty stunned. Keep it up!

Never heard of this song before. Will have to check it out now though! :p

By the way, immaculate technique. Was actually pretty stunned. Keep it up!

The original is much better played of course haha, Uli Jon Roth is amazing! And thank you so much that means alot :) It's not a perfect a technique as say Rick Graham haha, but it works for now lol

You really did a great job on this Sean! Uli is the man in my book.I would love to attend one of his sky academy guitar classes.I was very impressed with your playing!

Nice job Sean, if you ever get a chance to see Uli live it's worth doing. First saw him live in 85. Good to hear younger guys playing this stuff.

Excellent Sean ... Saw Ulrich ie : Uli play this live many times over the years ...you did an awesome job . Do you have a link for the you tube video that Uli explains it ?
Thanks !

Excellent Sean ... Saw Ulrich ie : Uli play this live many times over the years ...you did an awesome job . Do you have a link for the you tube video that Uli explains it ?
Thanks !

Uli Jon Roth plays Sails of Charon (Guitar Lesson) - YouTube

There you guy buddy, and thanks a ton for the kind words! As I said, there are several sections where he plays different notes than the original. And in my cover i changed a few things as well haha.

Back
Top Bottom