Video: RnB Guitar Solo - Sweet Mesa Mark IIC+ Axe-Fx Lead... So Close my Mark V Sound

This is probably my best sound/patch I've made so far on the Axe-Fx II...
A beautiful RnB guitar solo over an Usher RnB/Pop track using a Mesa Mark II+C Amp Sim!
I actually used/compared the Mark IIC+ mode on my Mark V get this sound real close on the Axe.

Please check my other videos and like my Facebook fanpage!

Lenny DeRoma - The Lenny D Show | Facebook
Lenny DeRoma - YouTube
Lenny DeRoma - Lenny D Extras - YouTube
https://twitter.com/TheLennyDShow
TheLennyDShow's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Man, that's fantastic! Gorgeous tone and perfect playing. Would you mind sharing the patch? I love the sound you're getting here.

Hey man,
I think I've seen you play on TV with Austrlalian Idol singers/rejects and also on X-Factor!!!
HAHA
Rather watch you play than sit thru the pain of hearing those performers.

That sound is unreal - PATCH PLEASE

WOW WOW WOW
Mindblowing...
is that just plugged straight in???
into what?
tone better than the original recording and just like a real amp.

Thanks guys!

Ross - This tone is probably the best I've made so far, and very very close to my Mesa Mark IIC+ sound.
I have a bunch of videos coming, so keep an eye out, and I will organise uploading patches for forum users then.

Steve - Cheers.
Yeah... I do play with Australian Idol, X-Factor, PopStars, and most recently The Voice artists!!!
lol
Thanks for your comment... however working with these guys has given me the opportunity to play with some crazy talented musicians!!!
Even tho I'm a shredder at heart and have metal in my blood - I've been working with pop/rnb singers for years, plus I really enjoy it :)
A bit off topic... but
I remember being at a digitech clinic back in the day with Jennifer Batten (Michael Jacksons ex guitarist) sometime around when Greg Howe took over from her on the History tour, and she said - "Lenny... I don't have a bad thing to say about working with Pop singers... because of MJ, he has basically paid for my house, my clothes, and my guitars!!!
haha

And Aussiebum... yeah man... Plugged direct, straight in.
This is exactly how I sound live front of house.
And I reckon yr right... sounds better than Usher's guitarists version of 8701 - hehe

Cheers,
Lenny D

Lenny DeRoma - The Lenny D Show | Facebook
Lenny DeRoma - YouTube
Lenny DeRoma - Lenny D Extras - YouTube
https://twitter.com/TheLennyDShow
TheLennyDShow's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Lenny D,

Thanks man, I only got my Axe a week ago, and what you are doing is exactly the kind of sound I've been trying to recreate thus far. I am definitely looking forward to the upcoming videos. Good luck with the Voice, I'll be watching for you going forward.

Thanks,
Ross

We can't let our definitive style define us. A job is a job, and if it buys your family a future you do it, it's all stepping stones. I have become a huge Rihanna fan, because of Nuno. We need more guitar in songs not more cowbell.

Cheers Ari,
I'll try sort it in the next week or so whenever I get to hook up the Axe-Fx II to the Laptop/Midi interface.
I haven't been on Axe-Change since I had the Ultra!!!
hehe

Back
Top Bottom