Video Review of the Tronical Tune

Very cool !!! Hopefully one day they'll have it available for My JP6 and JPXI.....

Cooper,

I'm guessing it tunes like a regular headstock-clamping tuner. (via vibrations) I've found past clamping tuners to not be as accurate as a guitar cord tuner. Have you compared the accuracy of this tuner to a trusted plug-in tuner?

Cooper,

I'm guessing it tunes like a regular headstock-clamping tuner. (via vibrations) I've found past clamping tuners to not be as accurate as a guitar cord tuner. Have you compared the accuracy of this tuner to a trusted plug-in tuner?

It does use vibrations, yes. I used a stobe tuner to confirm tunings and it is dead on. It is set to a +/- 3 ct tolerance but can be adjusted down to +/- 1 ct.

Hmmm, this is interesting. Especially because it seems so easy to install.

Am I the only one thinking "hey, that'd free up an IA on my MFC!"?

Cooper, you going to have the Tronical guitar at Axe-Fest? I'm curious to see if it'll fit on my Schecter Strat.

Edit: oh wow, they have it for acoustics and more specifically J-45s! Having easy access to all kinds of tunings on my acoustic would be super cool. Very tempting...

CC, you could probably sell ice to a Swede... :lol Super professional video :encouragement: and the Tronical seems like a cool product. Have you consulted the Magic 8-ball for tuning accuracy? What was the verdict? :D

Hi, the only issue with the Tronical unit, is that you are limited to the custom tunings of only 1 and 1/2 steps from standard. Drop C or Drop B forget it. I have a 4th generation GENERATION ROBOT LES PAUL Studio, with a superior system made exclusively for Gibson, in that it can go 3 AND 1/2 steps from standard AND it does intonation. So for $600 more(Musicians Friend -1150.00 price - 20% off holiday coupon)= $920(free shipping/no tax), I got a KILLER Les Paul thrown in the deal. Awesome FOR ME, AS I PLAY IN 6 SLIDE TUNINGS + 1 custom tuning, WHICH WILL WORK ON BOTH SYSTEMS F#-F#-C#-F#-C#-F#.
That being said, I also have BACKUP 1st GENERATION ROBOT LES PAUL that I am upgrading with this system. I believe that a firmware update (they have not had one yet) may address this issue. Either way, I needed a back up guitar, so that with 2 guitars+ 2 slides, I am covered for everything without bringing 12 guitars (6 tunings and 6 backups).
Also it has not been mentioned that the mod is COMPLETELY reversible! In closing. I would suggest any one buying this add-on unit, to get a back up battery at the same time for obvious reasons. If you don't need Drop C or lower, this add-on is the bomb8)

Too bad: I've always had a serious tuning problem with my Gibson ES-339 but this one is not listed in the templates. :(

Back
Top Bottom