Video Presentation: Method Over Magic - Taming the Monster that is the Axe-FX II

Scott Peterson

Global Moderator
Vendor
There is a general videos thread for the videos from the Axe-Fest West that the member group from the forum put on in October 2012; but I'd like to detail my part of that out for any questions, comments, discussions relevant to what I talked about in order to not thread jack that thread.

Here's my video from that:
[video=vimeo;53671716]http://www.vimeo.com/53671716[/video]

Here's the YouTube link to it on my own Channel there for those that cannot see the Vimeo version (same video):

Here's a downloadable PDF of my demonstration for you to check out as you watch (and or keep if you like it): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1872996/2012 10 Taming the Monster.pdf

The key to all of it is that here is the way I create my own presets; in order to give guys using Direct-to-FOH/FRFR systems a (simple!) method to dial up their own tones.

Any questions, comments or thoughts to share? Feel free to post and hopefully this all helps to remove the stigma of 'it's so hard to dial in...' from the whole user/owner experience.

**I'd also like to take the opportunity to publicly thank Kerry (klehrbass on the Fractal Forum) for inviting me to speak, offering me his frequent flier miles to fly me out and putting me up (and up with me) at the hotel. His generosity - just a fellow Fractal owner - allowed me to be there and I cannot express my gratitude enough to him for that. Thanks to the Fractal Audio guys (in particular Matt for helping me out on stage during that) and everyone from the Fractal Forum members and many TGP members I met with and hung out with at the show. It was an honest pleasure to shake some hands and meet face to face with everyone.

Last edited:
I think that was a great beginner video to get people off the ground and using the Axe w/o being overwhelmed.

And it was also a great video for me who are about to buy the AF2.
Ive been wondering a lot about the creating and editing of presets an other stuff, and it turns out to me that you can make it as simple as you need or as advanced as you want.

Great video Scott! Thanks.

Awesome presentation Scott, I have never thought about starting backwards, I usually go Amp-Cab-Reverb but using the reverb to give some depth really would influence alot of parameters and how they interact on the Amp/Cab blocks. Also I really enjoyed that JCM800 sound you dialed in, sounded great

Also I'd be really interested in the level presentation that you mentioned Matt did, if the original uploader taped that.

Also I'd be really interested in the level presentation that you mentioned Matt did, if the original uploader taped that.

That (should?) be forthcoming. All the videos will be coming from both days to the best of my knowledge. The only one that won't be is the FRFR showcase because the audio is useless; the recorder took a dump and it's all distorted; it's too bad, but really there's no way to glean much from it because there's no audio. (Which was kind of the point... ;) ).

That (should?) be forthcoming. All the videos will be coming from both days to the best of my knowledge. The only one that won't be is the FRFR showcase because the audio is useless; the recorder took a dump and it's all distorted; it's too bad, but really there's no way to glean much from it because there's no audio. (Which was kind of the point... ;) ).

Oh cool, and yea a silent film about the Axe FX is almost like a 3D movie without the glasses haha ;) Looking forward to seeing the other presentations, if I was in LA I totally would have been there \m/

For some reason the links are not appearing on iPad - noticed this on the previous link form the original posting. Can this be corrected? Someone posted the link differently....and it was then shown.
Just thought I would mention before others notice as well. ;)

Great work and awesome explanation! Thanks for all you do Scott

Back
Top Bottom