Video Presentation: Method Over Magic - Taming the Monster that is the Axe-FX II

Very well done Scott. You've obviously have done this before? Toastmasters?... course in homiletic's? Regardless, great job.

Thanks. Been doing presentations my whole professional life... more fun talking about guitar tones and dialing them up than doing marketing/advertising pitches though.

Nice one Scott.

Must say my bottom lip was starting to stick out a bit when you were posting a couple of firmwares back about mixing IRs and all that stuff. But now, seeing you demonstrate the ability to take a simple approach to a tone with the latest FW along with these great new IRs on the go, it's blown away a lot of the 'eternal tweak' phobia I was seriously developing. Seeing (as well as hearing) is believing as they say.

Just caught the James Santiago episode .... had me rivetted as well. Just shows the hard work and dedication of these unseen and often unthought of people do in the background to make our lives easy for us.

What can I say that hasn't been said already. Thanks for the presentation and to cobbler for getting this posted.

It's good to know now I can finally start playing, and stop looking for that magic knob buried under all these layer of complexity that the Axe II has to offer.

Thanks again!

Thanks. Been doing presentations my whole professional life... more fun talking about guitar tones and dialing them up than doing marketing/advertising pitches though.

... a lot more fun! Amazing how much more fun/easy it is to talk about something that one really enjoys. I mean... who really enjoys talking about 1's and 0's, (besides Cliff) when you can talk about what the coding produces. :D

I know the feeling man. When I was in the military we would have to do planned and impromptu briefings for important people and their entourage always had a few "sharpshooters" (translation butt-kissers) trying to impress the boss. Much easier talking about something like guitar than work. :)

I think that was a great beginner video to get people off the ground and using the Axe w/o being overwhelmed.

Exactly! A really easy to understand how and HOW EASY you CAN dial in your tone! Very well done Scott! Thumps Up!!!!!
(I Like this RAW Marshall 800 Sound! Nice to see: No MAGIC! All easy ... )

Great job Scott. You are greatly appreciated by many here at the forum. I'm so thankful to have you part of the Fractal community. It's guys like you that make this forum such a blessing.

Hey Scott,

If you make the video available for download on Vimeo, we can view the original file so that the audio doesn't go through another layer of lossy compression. By absolutely no means is it necessary, but it'd be cool (at least for me.)

Thanks so much for the tremendous effort you put into this.

YTD Downloader will download videos from YT/Vimeo/etc at the highest quality available. Very useful . . .

Best tutorial vid out there Scott. Never thought of putting the looper in front of the amp/cab block either to switch out amp/cab settings. What a phenomenally simple but useful idea! Thanks again for covering the basics so well.

Back
Top Bottom