Video Presentation: Method Over Magic - Taming the Monster that is the Axe-FX II

Hey Scott,
Great stuff, thanks.
It's really nice to have the basics explained so well.
That's the stuff you don't realize you don't know until someone explains it.
Many thanks to you.

Nicely done and it's a perfect explanation of taking a systematic approach to dialing in the core of your tone. I know that back in the Ultra days when I was starting out I got absolutely lost by bringing in modulation and crap into the preset from the beginning.

Only thing that I really differ is that I like the room parameter a lot. Since you turned it all the way down I can no longer agree with you or like you anymore (it's an internet law). :)

Good stuff Scott!! I think alot of folks that are on the fence about buying an Axe-FX II will see that it is not the confusing machine that folks think it is. It has the buttons and the tons of options, but as you have shown, you can go basic as well.

BTW, not sure if you mentioned it in the video but what speakers were you using for the demonstration? I am currently going into two Marshall 4x12s but I think I'd like having FRFR down the road. Just want something that sounds great.

Hey Scott,

If you make the video available for download on Vimeo, we can view the original file so that the audio doesn't go through another layer of lossy compression. By absolutely no means is it necessary, but it'd be cool (at least for me.)

Thanks so much for the tremendous effort you put into this.

Scott,
You made dialing in a nasty 800 look so easy. I am trying to find the IR you used. Is that a commercial one I can buy? Or is it part of the beta stuff? I looked through the OH site but it is very confusing to a "IR" newbie.
Thank you for a great video.

Thoroughly enjoying al the clear explanations and snippets of other's experiences. Keep it coming. Hungry for more stuff to learn!
Once again, big thanks to everyone who has made this possible!!

Scott,
You made dialing in a nasty 800 look so easy. I am trying to find the IR you used. Is that a commercial one I can buy? Or is it part of the beta stuff? I looked through the OH site but it is very confusing to a "IR" newbie.

Was wondering the same.... :)

Thanks for the great presentation Scott.

In the presentation you mentioned 'some great IR stuff coming from Fractal soon' if I got it correctly. Can you go more into detail what is meant by that?

Thanks in advance.

Good stuff Scott!! I think alot of folks that are on the fence about buying an Axe-FX II will see that it is not the confusing machine that folks think it is. It has the buttons and the tons of options, but as you have shown, you can go basic as well.

BTW, not sure if you mentioned it in the video but what speakers were you using for the demonstration? I am currently going into two Marshall 4x12s but I think I'd like having FRFR down the road. Just want something that sounds great.

They are beta OwnHammer IR's. If you have the Jumpstart IR's, I am using the G12M IR on my Marshall stuff and the P12N stuff for the Fender stuff. If you do not have these, Kevin is working on getting the libraries out ASAP - his first project is the G12M-20. So Marshall lovers everywhere should be happy.

Hey Scott,

If you make the video available for download on Vimeo, we can view the original file so that the audio doesn't go through another layer of lossy compression. By absolutely no means is it necessary, but it'd be cool (at least for me.)

Thanks so much for the tremendous effort you put into this.

I didn't post these; Cobbler is handling it and there is a list of folks to thank for the effort put in - I just stood up there and babbled for a bit, which was pretty easy... so don't thank me so much for the effort. Jack has done a massive job of taking all this (multiple video feeds, great graphics, my powerpoint, etc) and creating a great video. I am just up there talking about what I do with the box. :D

Scott,

Using the method I outline, *any* amp is that easy to dial in. The IR story is above; it's a beta Own Hammer but you can just as well use the IR's in the box or those available from Fractal Axe-Change or commercially as well. Might not be the same, but it'll be good.

Thanks for the great presentation Scott.

In the presentation you mentioned 'some great IR stuff coming from Fractal soon' if I got it correctly. Can you go more into detail what is meant by that?

Thanks in advance.

Check the Axe-Exchange. The James Santiago stuff is what I was specifically referencing in the video; wait till you see his video (if you haven't). There are other very high end pro level artist/studio IR's coming from Fractal Audio too... for *free*.

Anyone knows whew to grab that cab ?

In addition to the kick ass Fractal stuff, see above about Kevin from OwnHammer. He is working on his V2 library as I type this and we'll all be able to use them as he works through them. It'll be worth the wait, IMHO. Truly exciting functional and pro level stuff from many different sources. It's a very exciting time for Axe-FX owners.

Back
Top Bottom