Video: Play-through of original tune + Axe-Edit Scenes

I found a bug with the preset I uploaded to Axe-Change (this is why we beta test Axe-Edit :)). So I've removed it for now and I'll get it back up tonight and I'll pass along the cab info then as well (I forget).

Yes I noticed that the preset didn't had the settings for scenes 2 and up, so I had to watch through the video to fix that. Waiting for the correct one :)

I found a bug with the preset I uploaded to Axe-Change (this is why we beta test Axe-Edit :)). So I've removed it for now and I'll get it back up tonight and I'll pass along the cab info then as well (I forget).

Oh no...
Hope this doesnt set the AE-status back from very-soon to soon ;)

Is there a way with scenes to use the X/Y in the amp block without dropout, but without the DAW automation? I'm curious because I'm trying to reduce my number of presets, but I need a patch with Clean, Crunch, and High Gain (3 different amp models) and I need to be able to switch freely between each of them with the MFC. It should be said that I haven't upgraded to v9 yet because I'm completely redesigning things, but need my unit for gigs until I get it all mapped out and ready to program.

Is there a way with scenes to use the X/Y in the amp block without dropout, but without the DAW automation? I'm curious because I'm trying to reduce my number of presets, but I need a patch with Clean, Crunch, and High Gain (3 different amp models) and I need to be able to switch freely between each of them with the MFC. It should be said that I haven't upgraded to v9 yet because I'm completely redesigning things, but need my unit for gigs until I get it all mapped out and ready to program.

Good question!

The short answer is no: There will always be some drop-out when either of the Amp blocks does an X/Y switch.

However, you can do a trick similar to what I do in my patch from the video. Set up Amp 1 as your Crunch and leave it like that. Amp 2 could X/Y switch between Clean/Hi-Gain.

Amp 1 is sort of "always on". I ALSO put a volume block in front of the amps that un-bypasses on some scenes to lower the input level to the amp and takes it from crunch to a slightly over-driven clean sound. So when you're in the "clean" scene most of your signal is coming from Amp 2 and Amp 1 just provides tiny bit of grit in the background.

Amp 2 you would use your X clean setting for all "clean" scenes and Y heavy setting for crunch and hi-gain scenes.

Because Amp 1 is always on, you'll never get a total drop-out when you swap scenes. There is obviously a reduction in volume because Amp 2 has a short drop-out for the X/Y swap but I found that it's not perceptible. See if you can hear any drop out in my video....I can't really.

The only time this method wouldn't work I guess would be if you need an absolutely pure and pristine clean tone. But I always like to hear at least a slight bit of breakup so it works for me.

Great song and beautiful guitar. I really like the idea of the DAW controlled switching. Now time to see if I can make it work :)

Back
Top Bottom