• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Video: Petrucci - Dream Theater guitar tones history

PumpkinKing86

Experienced
Good source for some tone matches of great tones.
The Black Clouds and Silver Linings isolated tracks were released by the band in a deluxe package that I got. One of the first things I did when I got my Axe-FX two years ago was doing a tone match for The Count of Tuscany. It worked really well, but ultimately I liked crafting my own tones more.

But it sure would be nice to have a model of the JP-2C in the Axe. The USA models are my favorite. If we can have a bazillion Plexi models, why not Mesa Marks? ;)

George Koerich

Inspired
The Black Clouds and Silver Linings isolated tracks were released by the band in a deluxe package that I got. One of the first things I did when I got my Axe-FX two years ago was doing a tone match for The Count of Tuscany. It worked really well, but ultimately I liked crafting my own tones more.

But it sure would be nice to have a model of the JP-2C in the Axe. The USA models are my favorite. If we can have a bazillion Plexi models, why not Mesa Marks? ;)
Sure, there are also others famous songs/albums available as multi-tracks on the internet. Actually, Petrucci fans are lucky to have a lot of options.
But I liked tones of that video, even if it's not so close to the records, because they sounded very real/raw/unprocessed that might have a good application as a preset to play live with a band.

Agree, I also like craft my tones from scratch but tone match still can help on the top of that. ;)

Top Bottom