Video: Petrucci - Dream Theater guitar tones history

Good source for some tone matches of great tones.
The Black Clouds and Silver Linings isolated tracks were released by the band in a deluxe package that I got. One of the first things I did when I got my Axe-FX two years ago was doing a tone match for The Count of Tuscany. It worked really well, but ultimately I liked crafting my own tones more.

But it sure would be nice to have a model of the JP-2C in the Axe. The USA models are my favorite. If we can have a bazillion Plexi models, why not Mesa Marks? ;)

The Black Clouds and Silver Linings isolated tracks were released by the band in a deluxe package that I got. One of the first things I did when I got my Axe-FX two years ago was doing a tone match for The Count of Tuscany. It worked really well, but ultimately I liked crafting my own tones more.

But it sure would be nice to have a model of the JP-2C in the Axe. The USA models are my favorite. If we can have a bazillion Plexi models, why not Mesa Marks? ;)

Sure, there are also others famous songs/albums available as multi-tracks on the internet. Actually, Petrucci fans are lucky to have a lot of options.
But I liked tones of that video, even if it's not so close to the records, because they sounded very real/raw/unprocessed that might have a good application as a preset to play live with a band.

Agree, I also like craft my tones from scratch but tone match still can help on the top of that. ;)

Back
Top Bottom