VIDEO + Patch EVH Cathedral and Nuno Bumblebee

Danny Danzi

Power User
Hey guys,

Made a mention that I'd share a little something for those that were into EVH and Nuno. Nothing is spot on in this, but it's close enough to get you where you need to be. There is only one patch, but the video will show you how to create the second patch.

The Cathedral sound is tone matched from Eddie doing it. You can increase your gain if your volume swell abilities aren't very good. If this sound a bit distorted when you swell, decrease gain.

DON"T open volume all the way up and play! It sounds terrible and may be loud.

Here's the vid explaining a few things:

Patch is below as an attachment. Hope you enjoy this and it helps you out.

Attachments

• Danny D's Cathedral.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 390
Hey guys,

Made a mention that I'd share a little something for those that were into EVH and Nuno. Nothing is spot on in this, but it's close enough to get you where you need to be. There is only one patch, but the video will show you how to create the second patch.

The Cathedral sound is tone matched from Eddie doing it. You can increase your gain if your volume swell abilities aren't very good. If this sound a bit distorted when you swell, decrease gain.

This is an XL patch, correct?

Thanks for sharing this, Danny! So this ist the poser-Delaysetting? :D

so much to learn......only a few hours or minutes time to play at one day for a working man with family.........

Thanks for sharing this, Danny! So this ist the poser-Delaysetting? :D

so much to learn......only a few hours or minutes time to play at one day for a working man with family.........

You're welcome....lol @ poser-delay setting!

Yeah Hubi, here too....working man, all hours of the day/night. I do everything between jobs, while video's for clients are rendering, audio renders, any time I can get. My girl wants a baby now in hopes I'll slow down a little. Little does she know, if we have a baby, he/she is going to be playing guitar and helping me do Fractal testing and videos! LOL!

Hey guys,

Hi Danny, great tip. I tried to pull up this patch on my AXE 2 ( since it is in the AXE 2 forum) but was frustrated that it wouldn't load. Realized later in the post, that this is a AXE XL+ patch. I tried to replicate your patch for the AXE 2 visually BUT could not get the same echo pattern, only one repeat. I assume it's something setting in another parameter of the delay. Can you post the rest of the parameters of the delay? Or if you (OR anyone with a AXE 2) post the DELAY block itself? Thanks klaushouz

I tried to replicate your patch for the AXE 2 visually BUT could not get the same echo pattern, only one repeat.

The delay is set for just one repeat there, no feedback. The patterns all happen from each repeat happening between the next two notes played. If unsure of what speed to play at for a given time, try setting the delay "tempo" parameter to dotted 8th note. Then play 8th notes in time with the Axe tempo LED, 2 notes per LED blink.

Hello,

I am SUPER noob, I just got my AXE-FX. For us new folks (if there are more than just me), when making a video, it is helpful if you show the settings for each device in the signal chain. In your video for this patch, you showed the amp, chorus, and delay. Even if you only ckicled on the other items, such as the comp, flanger, T-match, and reverb, it would have been more helpful. I will assume you used the default settings for those. This helps because while you provided a SYSEX file, I only have a standard, and I am not sure of it will work on my unit. If you show the settings in the video, I can pause it, take a screen shot, then print it out and use it to configure my older model as close as I can get it.

Just a thought, I am sure I am being very new not knowing how to use my unit as well as you.

Thanks for the 411, I am using it now to make my Cathedral patch as I write this :)
David

Hello,

I am SUPER noob, I just got my AXE-FX. For us new folks (if there are more than just me), when making a video, it is helpful if you show the settings for each device in the signal chain. In your video for this patch, you showed the amp, chorus, and delay. Even if you only ckicled on the other items, such as the comp, flanger, T-match, and reverb, it would have been more helpful. I will assume you used the default settings for those. This helps because while you provided a SYSEX file, I only have a standard, and I am not sure of it will work on my unit. If you show the settings in the video, I can pause it, take a screen shot, then print it out and use it to configure my older model as close as I can get it.

Just a thought, I am sure I am being very new not knowing how to use my unit as well as you.

Thanks for the 411, I am using it now to make my Cathedral patch as I write this :)
David

Though I respect your post, I not only shared the patch, I created a video to elaborate. Also please keep in mind that this was posted in the axe fx II section of the forum, therefore it was created as such for those users specifically.

Unfortunately, it would be too time consuming to share the things I share while attempting to keep everyone happy with every unit Fractal makes.

Most people share a preset and walk. I shared a video to help with the patch that I shared. With all due respect, I shouldn't have to show individual screens of anything when that much is already shared. Think about it. I've been more than helpful in my opinion.

If this were posted in the standard or ultra forum, I'd understand your point...but it's not and in actuality, wasn't created for those users. Sorry for any confusion.

Danny,

Any chance you can do an EXPORT TO CSV from within the editor, then we folks with other units can get a starting point from that file on how we might adjust our settings?

Thanks,
David

Nevermind Danny, that FracTool.EXE program is AMAZING!!! It did exactly what I wanted it to do and needed, which is show me all the settings so I can manually make them in AXE-EDIT.

I will make a YouTube with me playing Cathedral, but dang it is VERY good, as good as any Cathedral patch I have ever used with other tools and apps and pedals!

For all of us losers with Ultras and Standards, I have attached the GEN1 patch for this EVH Cathedral so you can import it with the editor to your GEN1 device. One day I will upgrade, but this is what I have to work with at present, so I am making the best of it. I am not disappointed, it sounds better than any multi-effect or modeler I have owned or tried to date. So, enjoy the patch GEN1'ers! :)

David

PS - YouTube coming soon so you can hear me hacking up an EVH masterpiece :)

Attachments

• AXE-STD - EVH Cathedral 1.syx
    2 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom